The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Hi members, happy to be here after a long time. This is my first forum reply after a long break. Very interesting discussion started here; my answer to your question is simply "yes" . Of course the tax system is complicated in our country. I am not sure about other countries(don't confuse; i don't know about other countries taxation systems :P  ) you people may ask then how can you tell it was a complex one. Quite easy, Just go and ask the laymen in your street about taxation. He don't know clearly. According to me, for a developed nation- every citizen should pay tax or else government should not collect tax from its citizen whereas it should provide all amenities for the fellow citizens. OMG! Logic error, we are not developed nation, still developing country... my statement fails. pensive Its our fate to be in this complex taxation system. Conclusion, we have to pay but not all are paying tax here because of complex nature. And one thing should be noted here, Central government is trying to cover all citizens under some tax brackets. Really appreciated ok_hand but it can be less. Singapore has only 7-10 % GST but we have disappointed . 

In India only 2 percent of the population pay income  taxes and the rest live off them. The other day I heard a shop keeper grumble about the income tax , when I asked him whether he had to pay a lot of taxes , he had the grace to mumble and say he had never paid taxes. No wonder people who have absolutely no knowledge of taxes become professors and criticize. What the govt is trying to do is to be lauded , instead giving more sops like it was done all these years , they are trying to make citizens accountable by bringing them into the tax net..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
usha manohar wrote:

In India only 2 percent of the population pay income  taxes and the rest live off them. The other day I heard a shop keeper grumble about the income tax , when I asked him whether he had to pay a lot of taxes , he had the grace to mumble and say he had never paid taxes. No wonder people who have absolutely no knowledge of taxes become professors and criticize. What the govt is trying to do is to be lauded , instead giving more sops like it was done all these years , they are trying to make citizens accountable by bringing them into the tax net..

Only 2 percent!!!!!  either it shows the mentality of people to not pay tax or government is not able to bring everyone under tax system. These two may also lead to complex nature of our tax, isn't it?   also we should note here, does a normal shopkeeper come under tax schedules and does he owe to pay tax? 

FYI, may be you might aware of that; if a person's income is less for tax calculations, he won't submit his accounts and all. But we should submit our balance sheet even we are not entitled to pay tax. This is the mistake happening here. Yeah, if they are not, they won't. If they have to do, they will. This atmosphere have to change and hence the tax system will be little understandable.

DINESH XAVIER wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Only 2 percent!!!!!  either it shows the mentality of people to not pay tax or government is not able to bring everyone under tax system. These two may also lead to complex nature of our tax, isn't it?   also we should note here, does a normal shopkeeper come under tax schedules and does he owe to pay tax? 

FYI, may be you might aware of that; if a person's income is less for tax calculations, he won't submit his accounts and all. But we should submit our balance sheet even we are not entitled to pay tax. This is the mistake happening here. Yeah, if they are not, they won't. If they have to do, they will. This atmosphere have to change and hence the tax system will be little understandable.

Probably you have just now come to know the fact if a person's income is less for tax calculations, he won't submit his accounts and all. .

Anyone paying taxes is more than well aware of this fact..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
DINESH XAVIER wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Probably you have just now come to know the fact if a person's income is less for tax calculations, he won't submit his accounts and all. .

Anyone paying taxes is more than well aware of this fact..

Well said madam.plus1

The income tax provisions for an average earner are not at all complex. Also the sops have been brought down since many years and are not by this government only as some bhakta would like us to believe. Everyone who buys anything also is contributing in form of GST etc. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.