Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Nothing changed in Delhi. SC banned the sale of the crackers but bursting them was in full gear. People bought them in nearby cities and celebrated Diwali like previous years. Actually, to control pollution we do talk about not to burst crackers but why will the children accept it because they wait to celebrate Diwali with crackers only. Thus, SC needs to find out some other measure.   

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Nothing changed in Delhi. SC banned the sale of the crackers but bursting them was in full gear. People bought them in nearby cities and celebrated Diwali like previous years. Actually, to control pollution we do talk about not to burst crackers but why will the children accept it because they wait to celebrate Diwali with crackers only. Thus, SC needs to find out some other measure.   

I agree with that .. however , the ban.apparently has brought down the sale of crackers by 40 ./. , All pollution levels by about the same levels in Delhi and elsewhere too. In Mangalore we hardly felt it was Deepavavali except that the houses and streets were lit up with lights . The temporary shops put up for fireworks sale saw hardly anyone buying and I felt bad looking at the anxious faces of those shop keepers ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I agree with that .. however , the ban.apparently has brought down the sale of crackers by 40 ./. , All pollution levels by about the same levels in Delhi and elsewhere too. In Mangalore we hardly felt it was Deepavavali except that the houses and streets were lit up with lights . The temporary shops put up for fireworks sale saw hardly anyone buying and I felt bad looking at the anxious faces of those shop keepers ..

The newspapers report that it was less than the previous years. Comparatively may be it was less but still it was highly felt. Certainly, the cracker sellers felt the brunt and I feel the SC must come up with such an order which could have been campaigned for a long period. This would have helped the sellers to find another valid source of income. 

shampasaid

There were people who sold and bought crackers illegally. Many news channels covered that. So it was not a complete ban. However, it was a much quieter diwali compared to previous years. My brother told me that the cracker bursting was much less and was only on Diwali night. Earlier years the cracker bursting was a month long celebration starting a couple of weeks before Diwali and continuing for a few days post the festival. There was no time for it. It used to start from morning and continued till mid night. It was a nuisance for many people. It was a relief for such people this year. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

There were people who sold and bought crackers illegally. Many news channels covered that. So it was not a complete ban. However, it was a much quieter diwali compared to previous years. My brother told me that the cracker bursting was much less and was only on Diwali night. Earlier years the cracker bursting was a month long celebration starting a couple of weeks before Diwali and continuing for a few days post the festival. There was no time for it. It used to start from morning and continued till mid night. It was a nuisance for many people. It was a relief for such people this year. 

I am in Delhi for the last 14 years. As you have said that cracker bursting starts from morning till midnight for a few weeks is not a fair observation. Here schools remain closed only for four to five days during Diwali so there is no way that crackers are constantly burnt. Occasionally, fireworks do take place but not always. Yes, on Diwali it crosses every limit. As I said in my previous comment that orders should be implemented properly and must have some new options for income. Those who have invested in firecrackers will definitely opt an illegal path to recover their money. The SC must keep this in mind before banning the sale of crackers, All of a sudden imposing a ban will never yield a fruitful result. 

shampasaid

It is a welcome decision. Looks like Supreme Court interventions/interactions have become much better which is good for our Country, though the levels of pollution have not decreased significantly it is a very good decision by the Supreme Court.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.