Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This is new information for me.
Do we need to complete Ramayana reading in this month?

No..no...
just reading even a few lines is necessary.

It's said, if we read Ramayana this month, we will get Moksham.....also it's a nice feeling.
If we put on TV, we can see many TV channels ...Ramayana reading for 1 hour or so.

Mainly, this month is a spiritual one too....also the last month of Malayalam Calender

It's rainy season. So, more prone to diseases also

Ok.. Jai Shree Ramayan ji kee...

Now tell me, what's this Karkadaka vavu

Meera sandhu
Common friends...give me an answer...quick....
Tomorrow is that auspicious day. On this day, we pay homage to some persons. Can you tell me who are they?

Meera sandhu
My answer...
I want to discuss many things and give you some piece of information about this auspicious occassion

Meera sandhu
This is really a good information sandhya I also not heared about this one.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I am really sad that at least 1 member didn't attempt to find answer to the question i asked

Meera sandhu
In Tamil nadu we called as AAdi Madam(madam means month).

Newly married couples should not be gather in this month.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/

yes, you are right maria. also, We didn't do any good things like marriage, house warming, house changing and other things. As this is Aadi macham. It is very special that Aadi ammavasai day. Which is coming this month. :)

Vinu

yes, you are right maria. also, We didn't do any good things like marriage, house warming, house changing and other things. As this is Aadi macham. It is very special that Aadi ammavasai day. Which is coming this month. :)

Yes...
I have told earlier....
No business deals, rituals, marriages etc this month.
So it's applicable for both Keralites and Tamilians.
Do you read Ramayana this month???

Meera sandhu
I am really sad that at least 1 member didn't attempt to find answer to the question i asked

Let me asnwer it now...
Today is that auspicious day which we pay homage to our ancestors and dead members of our family.
Today is Amavasi......so, no moonlight
We pay 'bali' for our ancestors and dead family members....i.e. We remember them that day.
At my home, we make special dishes for them.....buy some expensive gifts too....

Today, it's believed ...all athmas are strong.

Bali is conducted in any pond or river.
Aluva Mahadeva temple is most famous for it

Meera sandhu
Now also, no one is interested in this thread.

Actually, I want to know if such rituals are performed in any other part of our country.

Yesterday, ........it is Amavasi, day without moonlight...every year, Karkadaka Vavu is celebrated on this particular day.
Karutha Vavu....(Amavasi....no moon) and Velutha Vavu....(Full moon).
It's believed, on this day, souls are more powerful, throughout a year and we pay homage to dead persons of our family. It's just to honour and remember them. Also, pray before them.

I think, since it's a powerful day for souls, Rajesh Khanna left this world on a very special day....may be because he is such a lovable person for millions

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.