Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Inspite of having a higher standard of living we see many more cases of life style related diseases like Diabetes in youngsters these days which is mainly due to faulty food habit and no exercise.Most software units come with a gym,library,music room etc these days so that the employees use their time wisely and remain fit, but it is not being used properly and according to many physicians it is this group, where most of these ailments are found..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Inspite of having a higher standard of living we see many more cases of life style related diseases like Diabetes in youngsters these days which is mainly due to faulty food habit and no exercise.Most software units come with a gym,library,music room etc these days so that the employees use their time wisely and remain fit, but it is not being used properly and according to many physicians it is this group, where most of these ailments are found..

Physical exercise really reduces lot of ailments. Physical inactivity leads to obesity which is responsible for a huge percentage of morbidity and mortality.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Yes these days most of the software companies do that but small industries still don't do anything for employee welfare they just want to take work from them they hardly bother what mental stress their employees go through while working for them. :evil:
Thank you said by: usha manohar
You come first. Money and everything else next. There is no reason why stress should kill. There is suggestion that if your job is too much stressing, quit.

http://www.dnaindia.com/health/report_want-to-save-your-heart-quit-your-stressful-job_1810625

Is it also not employer's duty to see that no employee is put to stress too much. An employee also needs maintenance and rest similar to a machine.

I am working for a BPO which needs me to work in various shifts. Since I love the project which I am involved, I do not have any problem.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
You come first. Money and everything else next. There is no reason why stress should kill. There is suggestion that if your job is too much stressing, quit.

http://www.dnaindia.com/health/report_want-to-save-your-heart-quit-your-stressful-job_1810625

Is it also not employer's duty to see that no employee is put to stress too much. An employee also needs maintenance and rest similar to a machine.

Job stress has come to be diagnosed as a universal problem these days. Employers are setting exacting standards overlooking individual capacities to meet them which has been creating a vicious circle of resultant frustration and under-performance. Time, indeed, has come to look at this problem with greater empathy and feelings!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Job stress is actually not killing people. It is the responsibility which kills them internally. The pressure becomes more when there is inflation and salary is less.
Job stress makes people think about their career, promoton and competition for a while. People must learn to make their mind mature.

Yes these days most of the software companies do that but small industries still don't do anything for employee welfare they just want to take work from them they hardly bother what mental stress their employees go through while working for them. :evil:

I feel that our health and managing our work and career is largely dependent on the individual. There are deadlines and commitments, but there are also ways to overcome stress levels which should be made use of .....Just think of the top industrialists and other high level officials who have much more responsibility and stress levels...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Job stress is actually not killing people. It is the responsibility which kills them internally. The pressure becomes more when there is inflation and salary is less.

I don't know where you got this bit from, but job stress has been officially recognized as being far more damaging and a major cause for fatal heart attacks in people as young as early 30s and 40s! There is no relation of job stress to salary! Huge salaries do not make the job stress any less fatal or damaging as lesser salary does!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I also feel that the employer should work like the head of the family and try to understand the problems of the employee. If he is understanding toward the people, they too would increase their output.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.