Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It was waiting to happen anytime any day! I am not shocked at this turn of events. A player who is not worth even a few thousands has been earning in crores just to be part of this greatest tamasha of the world which is being passed off as 'cricket'!

IPL itself cannot be called a game but a foolish kind of entertainment made popular by presence of celebrities. It also has lost the very essence of true cricket which used to be based on discipline, hard work, practice and integrity, all of which is now thrown aside for fast-paced action and crores of rupees!

So much money is being wasted in the name of IPL. Its not just for entertainment of the public. Its all about business. Just a
country-wide drama played for the sake of some people earning enormous amount of money.

Exactly! It has been reduced to something as ridiculous as a Friday matinee movie, the sportsmanship has been completely lost from the game!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

IPL will simply lose credibility.

I don't think IPL will lose credibility. IPL as a whole has nothing to do with those 3 idiots. And why should others suffer because of them? Fixing happened in ODIs too? Did that lose the credibility.

I don't think IPL will lose credibility. IPL as a whole has nothing to do with those 3 idiots. And why should others suffer because of them? Fixing happened in ODIs too? Did that lose the credibility.

You have a point but still we cannot deny the fact that the IPL has reduced cricket to mere entertainment with such fast-paced action, cheerleaders, the after-parties that are now shadowed with so many players caught red-handed doing drugs etc. Yes, ODI was also shadowed with such horrible incidents but at least it was not so widespread as it is now! There may be even more players who are guilty of spot fixing!

You have a point but still we cannot deny the fact that the IPL has reduced cricket to mere entertainment with such fast-paced action, cheerleaders, the after-parties that are now shadowed with so many players caught red-handed doing drugs etc. Yes, ODI was also shadowed with such horrible incidents but at least it was not so widespread as it is now! There may be even more players who are guilty of spot fixing!

IPL has reduced the sport to nothing but a joke ! There is no dignity left, just hype and pompous show ! I watched a couple of them and was sick to see the whole circus after which none of watch it, why help the celebrities who are already flushed with funds make more money ? The scam was bound to happen because of the huge amount of money involved, i hope they scrap the whole thing and go back to good old dignified games...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

.....and cricket has been a mode of entertainment........ sports is a medium of entertainers. Remember what Muralidharan said??

.....and cricket has been a mode of entertainment........ sports is a medium of entertainers. Remember what Muralidharan said??

Yes of course! But it is an extremely cheap kind of entertainment! We really should be supporting better type of entertainment like olympics or something like that!

IPL has reduced the sport to nothing but a joke ! There is no dignity left, just hype and pompous show ! I watched a couple of them and was sick to see the whole circus after which none of watch it, why help the celebrities who are already flushed with funds make more money ? The scam was bound to happen because of the huge amount of money involved, i hope they scrap the whole thing and go back to good old dignified games...

That is exactly why I oppose this tamasha of a cricket! :blink: If you read my posts about IPL on my thread w.r.f to the famine, this is exactly why I hate it. It is cheap, seedy and extremely disgusting! And it was started by none other than esteemed Mr. Pawar, Sr.

Well, I have felt all these happening from starting. That's why I only saw it as time pass and fun purpose.

But yes it is really sad that some players take such sports as business.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

Yes of course! But it is an extremely cheap kind of entertainment! We really should be supporting better type of entertainment like olympics or something like that!

Exactly ! this is going to absurd limits where every other sports in India is neglected and an IPL takes precedence over everything with the politicians, Industrialists and film stars joining in as if it is some kind of a party ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: anil

What is Olympics all about? Well, there are humans there too. So, a human nature is very likely to be exploited at any level. And why we had examples of doping in Olympics? So, what's the guarantee that those Games are also played purely?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.