Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I suggest that one should seek part time work that is linked to his qualification. For example, a law student should work part time with a lawyer. A commerce student will do well to work part time with an accountancy firm.

You are right sir but aim of this part time job should be getting practical experience and not earning.
I suggest that one should seek part time work that is linked to his qualification. For example, a law student should work part time with a lawyer. A commerce student will do well to work part time with an accountancy firm.

You are right sir but aim of this part time job should be getting practical experience and not earning.

This cannot be generalised. There are many students who have to earn in order to pay for their education.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It may not be always possible and working in a different concern altogether brroadens their experience and will definitely help them gain experience in life. I have advised my children to take up everything that they are interested in rather than limit themselves to their study subjects only...

That is best way to broaden your horizons and expand your knowledge base because once you finish your studies and start working, there is no time to learn any new thing. SO while in student stage, it is the best thing to learn those other things that interest you outside the curriculum. I think it helps one get a better hand on whatever they choose as career.

Exactly ! It also makes them become aware of the ins and outs of other career and job options and one wouldnt take things for granted or be judgmental.My son was working for a pub doing accounts when he was doing his post graduation in the US during weekends because that paid the most and helped him out financially and he felt that he got to know a lot about the functioning, the legalities involved in running it.He says it is so professionally run that it is almost like any other sales job...It also makes youngsters develop respect for others careers and jobs however small or insignificant the profession may seem to others who live in their own world !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes it is always good to have something extra.. And specially during college days as we can have something more than just our pocket money to enjoy it without giving more trouble to our parents. So its good.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

It may not be always possible and working in a different concern altogether brroadens their experience and will definitely help them gain experience in life. I have advised my children to take up everything that they are interested in rather than limit themselves to their study subjects only...

That is best way to broaden your horizons and expand your knowledge base because once you finish your studies and start working, there is no time to learn any new thing. SO while in student stage, it is the best thing to learn those other things that interest you outside the curriculum. I think it helps one get a better hand on whatever they choose as career.

Exactly ! It also makes them become aware of the ins and outs of other career and job options and one wouldnt take things for granted or be judgmental.My son was working for a pub doing accounts when he was doing his post graduation in the US during weekends because that paid the most and helped him out financially and he felt that he got to know a lot about the functioning, the legalities involved in running it.He says it is so professionally run that it is almost like any other sales job...It also makes youngsters develop respect for others careers and jobs however small or insignificant the profession may seem to others who live in their own world !

That is so nice! I am sure your son learned more working in that pub than anywhere else. Such jobs, or for that matter any jobs, help students learn more social skills and team work skills than are taught in management colleges! And I think it also helps them to be more professional in their approach at work because they have learned most of the basic skills even before they start on their career path.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Most foreign students find distributing pamphlets and brochures for 3-4 hours a day here as the pay is up to $40 per hour, paid same day through their ABN. They can work as per their choice and get to meet people from different countries and walks of life.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

That is so nice! I am sure your son learned more working in that pub than anywhere else. Such jobs, or for that matter any jobs, help students learn more social skills and team work skills than are taught in management colleges! And I think it also helps them to be more professional in their approach at work because they have learned most of the basic skills even before they start on their career path.

He certainly did :) , later he also worked for a super market ! Kalyani, I see a lot of youngsters now working here as well during their free time in Mc donalds, KFc and Dominos in their counters and slso as delivery boys...I speak to some of them and find them very smart with right priorities, it is heartening see them taking their responsibilities so seriously at such a young age !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

He certainly did :) , later he also worked for a super market ! Kalyani, I see a lot of youngsters now working here as well during their free time in Mc donalds, KFc and Dominos in their counters and slso as delivery boys...I speak to some of them and find them very smart with right priorities, it is heartening see them taking their responsibilities so seriously at such a young age !

Yes, there are a large number of those types of students who take understand their responsibility seriously. I hope more and more students are like that. Some time ago at a business exposition in Mumbai which I was attending, I met many young collegians who were working at various stalls. I came to know from that group that they often worked at such expositions and accumulated fees for their college, various courses etc. They too leave from their studies whenever such expositions occurred and later on studied day and night very hard to make up for the lost time. Real responsible guys!

Thank you said by: usha manohar

This cannot be generalised. There are many students who have to earn in order to pay for their education.

I always praise persons who are doing part time job for meeting expense of education. I know many persons who complete their study by doing part time jobs. They are indeed, self made persons.

I always praise persons who are doing part time job for meeting expense of education. I know many persons who complete their study by doing part time jobs. They are indeed, self made persons.

In fact most serious students try to earn by teaching juniors and this perhaps is the best way in our country to earn decent money for students.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.