Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Ha! Mamata Banerjee never ceases to be the staple element of thought of some people! She must be truly feeling flattered!! Now coming to the central question which has been largely ignored by some members who plainly indulged in making it personality-based topic rather than treating the topic itself and in the process making some highly uncharitable comments about pettiness of the lady and all that. I would prefer to ignore them and concentrate on the issue of making smaller states. Some eminent thinkers of India who were members of the Constituent Assembly were opposed to the idea of creating states on the basis of language, caste or creed and their sane views were ignored and the process of division, sub-division which I would prefer to call 'balkanization' of India is still on mainly on political grounds and expediency. Creation of smaller states in the North-East has not solved any of their basic problem and the region continues to be afflicted by insurgency, lack of governance and whatever arise out of it. Economically these states are perpetually dependent upon central assistance and doles. Even nobody knows how the government is going to tackle the issue of capital of the proposed state of 'Telengana' and more importantly the sharing of waters of rivers which has assumed such ugly proportions that the administrative mechanism has totally failed to find solution to water disputes among various states and the courts are being unnecessarily dragged into them. I foresee a situation when states might be engaged in open wars on this. Our politicians have done enough harm to cause of unity and harmony of this country. Damn that lady as much as you can but don't fail to miss the central point!!!
Any one who had visited that area under Nepali influence knows that they can only delay but cannot avoid granting a separate GorkhaLand one day sooner or later. I know the area as I had been there off and on during my posting period in Kolkata. If any of you visit beyond NJP toward Darjiling it's Nepali people, culture and language nothing else.

I passed through Siliguri from where train to Darjeeling runs. Mostly Gorkhas live in this area. There a also a Gorkha regimen center in Darjeeling. The region has already some kind of autonomy. With success of Telangana movement, Gorkhas would be encouraged to demand full statehood. But UPA cannot be blamed for encouraging Gorkhaland.

Demand of Gorkhaland is old one. Small states are better for development. But it is not good to grant seperate state on the basis on language and culture. If it will happen image of Indian will like before independent. Unity in diversity is our specialty
I agree with you, not based on a foreign language at east otherwise there are chances that a separate state covering areas of WB, Bihar and Assam may arise soon because millions of Bangladeshi have managed to enter and obtained paper into these states.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree with you, not based on a foreign language at least otherwise there are chances that a separate state covering areas of WB, Bihar and Assam may arise soon because millions of Bangladeshi have managed to enter and obtained paper into these states.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Any one who had visited that area under Nepali influence knows that they can only delay but cannot avoid granting a separate GorkhaLand one day sooner or later. I know the area as I had been there off and on during my posting period in Kolkata. If any of you visit beyond NJP toward Darjiling it's Nepali people, culture and language nothing else.

I passed through Siliguri from where train to Darjeeling runs. Mostly Gorkhas live in this area. There a also a Gorkha regimen center in Darjeeling. The region has already some kind of autonomy. With success of Telangana movement, Gorkhas would be encouraged to demand full statehood. But UPA cannot be blamed for encouraging Gorkhaland.

Demand of Gorkhaland is old one. Small states are better for development. But it is not good to grant seperate state on the basis on language and culture. If it will happen image of Indian will like before independent. Unity in diversity is our specialty

We have been seeing the development in small states of Uttara khand , Jhar kand and Chattisghad. The belief that "Development in small states" is possible is a myth.
But what I don't know is whether Mamata Banerjee really believes in what she says or is purposefully making wild allegations.

She’s helpless. She got used to complaining and leveling allegations on whosoever crosses her way.

Is she really helpless or deliberate aggressive by foul play.

Helplessness. Helplessness leads to desperation. Desperation forces people to resort to all kinds of conceivable foul plays.

But she is not helpless. she is in power. She is also not a psychopath as your narration suggests. Obviously, she is deliberately making foul play.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

But what I don't know is whether Mamata Banerjee really believes in what she says or is purposefully making wild allegations.

She’s helpless. She got used to complaining and leveling allegations on whosoever crosses her way.

Helplessness. Helplessness leads to desperation. Desperation forces people to resort to all kinds of conceivable foul plays.

But she is not helpless. she is in power. She is also not a psychopath as your narration suggests. Obviously, she is deliberately making foul play.

Helplessness in the sense a fear cropped out of insecurity.Formation of Telangana is certain. This will create a demand for Gurkha land in her own state. Mamata who supported the formation of Telangana can concede to the demand of Gurkha land ? And this is the fear she is gripped by. Out of this fear, helplessness crept in to her.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Helplessness in the sense a fear cropped out of insecurity.Formation of Telangana is certain. This will create a demand for Gurkha land in her own state. Mamata who supported the formation of Telangana can concede to the demand of Gurkha land ? And this is the fear she is gripped by. Out of this fear, helplessness crept in to her.

On this issue opposition also supports her. All Bengalis oppose Gurkha land regardless of party affiliation.

On this issue opposition also supports her. All Bengalis oppose Gurkha land regardless of party affiliation.[/quote]

It is another uncharitable dig at Bengalis!!! Of all shortcomings and deficiencies of my fellow Bengalis, I have never come across parochialism in them. If all political parties agree to it then there must be enough sane reasons behind. To hand over the rule of an imaginary state to a band of lumpens doesn't sound very sane. What do you say? Even today these leaders have displayed mindlessness of an unpardonable kind by summarily ordering thousands of tourists to leave Darjeeling!!! They have been adopting strong-arm method and more dangerously are convinced of effectiveness of such methods in ultimately winning their goal.
So far there is no indication of center involvement in Gurkhaland agitation. Still Mamata Banerjee is bent upon making it an issue with center. The very fact of Gurkha leaders intending to meet central leaders is infuriating the Bengal C.M. How can Center refuse to talk to citizens of own country. It is relevant to see that the Bengal politicians favor giving more autonomy to the Gurkha Land region but within West Bengal. The very fact of agreeing to autonomy supports the case for separate statehood. The west Bengal leaders have also opportunity to express their stand but the way they behave- ruling and opposition alike- is very astonishing.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Kolkata/Mamata-warns-centre-on-the-Gorkhaland-question/Article1-1101334.aspx

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.