Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The smoke from religious places is playing havoc with environment. The snow from Himalaya is melting from the smoke and causing natural disasters.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/smoke-from-indian-religious-sites-melting-himalayan-glaciers/1/321016.html

True smoke emanating from religious functions are responsible for generating green house gases, the number one contributor for ecological degradation.

Is it really the number one contributor? I always thought it was one of the minor contributors among the big players. Biggest are the ones those cutting forests there in Himalayas and building factories which are emitting lot of smoke.

Number one contributor for for generating green house gases. Deforestation doesn't contribute to generation of green house gases. Smoke from different industrial gases also contribute to generation of green house gases.

Sir this is not the deforestation but building factories on that land those emit lot of smoke. Deforestation does make other differences which cause melting of snow.

Yes building factories is behind this. Whatever may be the reason, smoke from the chimneys built on that land is emitted
This causes release of green house gases which deplete the ozone layer.during the manufacture of refrigerators chloro fluoride is used which is also a green house gas.

And the jungle of concrete that grows overnight around those factories built on that land. Come to my area sometime to see the real scene. BTW I have a flat on Haridwar- Rishikesh road where I go often. I have walked all over Garhwal, Himachal and Kumaun to have first hand experience. Now the Uttarakhand govt has converted the state a duty free state to make things very criticla as thousands of factories are shifting there from surrounding states.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The smoke from religious places is playing havoc with environment. The snow from Himalaya is melting from the smoke and causing natural disasters.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/smoke-from-indian-religious-sites-melting-himalayan-glaciers/1/321016.html

True smoke emanating from religious functions are responsible for generating green house gases, the number one contributor for ecological degradation.

Is it really the number one contributor? I always thought it was one of the minor contributors among the big players. Biggest are the ones those cutting forests there in Himalayas and building factories which are emitting lot of smoke.

Number one contributor for for generating green house gases. Deforestation doesn't contribute to generation of green house gases. Smoke from different industrial gases also contribute to generation of green house gases.

Sir this is not the deforestation but building factories on that land those emit lot of smoke. Deforestation does make other differences which cause melting of snow.

Yes building factories is behind this. Whatever may be the reason, smoke from the chimneys built on that land is emitted
This causes release of green house gases which deplete the ozone layer.during the manufacture of refrigerators chloro fluoride is used which is also a green house gas.

And the jungle of concrete that grows overnight around those factories built on that land. Come to my area sometime to see the real scene. BTW I have a flat on Haridwar- Rishikesh road where I go often. I have walked all over Garhwal, Himachal and Kumaun to have first hand experience. Now the Uttarakhand govt has converted the state a duty free state to make things very criticla as thousands of factories are shifting there from surrounding states.

I envy you for having a flat in such a picturesque place. Yes Sunil, in the name of modernization and development we are injuring the mother nature. Her tears are bound to do immense damage to the entire humanity.

I envy you for having a flat in such a picturesque place. Yes Sunil, in the name of modernization and development we are injuring the mother nature. Her tears are bound to do immense damage to the entire humanity.

That was a gift from my father, But I don't live there. However my home is not far off but on Dehradun Delhi main highway about 60 KM from Delhi, 120 from haridwar, 160 from Dehradun and 300+ from Nainital and almost same from Shimla, even J&K is not far off. So I can go to any of these places over the weekends and see how badly these places are being treated.

That was a gift from my father, But I don't live there. However my home is not far off but on Dehradun Delhi main highway about 60 KM from Delhi, 120 from haridwar, 160 from Dehradun and 300+ from Nainital and almost same from Shimla, even J&K is not far off. So I can go to any of these places over the weekends and see how badly these places are being treated.

Very glad to hear about your gift from a loving father. Still, the location of your flat is in close proximity to some of the famous tourist havens. Unfortunately , such beautiful places are becoming prey to the human greed. I shudder to imagine their future in the coming few years.
In my locality nearer to sea, plenty of deforestation in last several years but within some time due to efforts of locals as well as government afforestation projects continues which is the sole cause of stopping Phailin to my native place, it is apparent that one should always be concern about environmental factors otherwise one day all will be engulfed by nature's fury.

http://mohanmekap.com/

This should be one of the cause among many.. I wonder if it can be control..

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
This should be one of the cause among many.. I wonder if it can be control..
Principal reason is green house gases, and it comes highest from western countries, as India is the lowest, green house gas is damaging ozone layers to its fullest. Effect of Himalayas is highest as it is the youngest mountain range of the world.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
In my locality nearer to sea, plenty of deforestation in last several years but within some time due to efforts of locals as well as government afforestation projects continues which is the sole cause of stopping Phailin to my native place, it is apparent that one should always be concern about environmental factors otherwise one day all will be engulfed by nature's fury.

Then how would you describe the most ice lost in Antarctica where there is no temples around - see
http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/3993/20130916/antarctica-melting-bottom-up.htm

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Smoke religious ceremonies may be a culprit but a minor one compared to the major culprits that are mainly the western countries and highly industrialized Asian countries. Arctic, Antarctica etc. are places quite far off from India and other Asian countries where religious rituals generate smoke. I strongly feel the main culprits are western countries especially America where people are used to use-and-throw culture right from a tiny safety pin to an car, production of which generates a lot of pollution. Also the alarmingly high number of major forest fires in Australia, America etc. are the reason.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51, mohan manohar
With so many holy places on the mountains, it could be quite true. But who will tell those people? Anyone trying to do it may singled out as an enemy of Hinduism. At the same time, there are other factors contributing to global warming.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.