Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are a few facts that need to be taken into consideration...
1, Sania Mirza is now married to a Pakistani
2, She does not live in India now
3, She lives in Dubai , so she becomes an NRI
So, how can she become a brand ambassador, if so all NRIs living in other parts of the world have the right to be recognised as brand ambassadors....

You have raised and brought really valid points to our notice. Can't disagree with point 3.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

It's a crystal clear political drama scripted and directed by Telangana CM to grab the vote bank of Muslims of Hyderabad.
SRk and AB have been brand ambassador in WB and Gujrat respectively without charging a pie from government treasury , where as in this case of Telangana she receives one core to be brand ambassador instead this money could have been spent for betterment of this new state.

http://mohanmekap.com/

The rulers of Telangana TRS are habituated to buy everything that's in the vicinity. Sania was bought only to grab the votes of Muslims.
I agree that it is nothing but vote bank politics....Giving away one crore rupees to an already rich person who lives abroad and has married a Pakistani citizen is ridiculous. What are they going to achieve by doing this ? Is she going to come and do social work here except pose for a few pictures and videos ??

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree that it is nothing but vote bank politics....Giving away one crore rupees to an already rich person who lives abroad and has married a Pakistani citizen is ridiculous. What are they going to achieve by doing this ? Is she going to come and do social work here except pose for a few pictures and videos ??

TRS achies a lot. Just invest One crore and get back in return more than 100 crore worth of Muslim votes. It's a big ploy.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Exactly my feelings...also what I personally feel is that if she really wants to be a brand ambassador as a 'true Indian' she does not need to take any money for it, and do something substantial for development of Telangana apart from from posing for only pictures occasionally!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
So, how can she become a brand ambassador, if so all NRIs living in other parts of the world have the right to be recognised as brand ambassadors....

I agree that her stay in Dubai as NRI on a more or less permanent basis goes against her appointment as brand ambassador. However as she plays Tennis on behalf of India only, and her original residence as well as of her parental family is in Talangana, there should be no objection to her appointmet as brand ambassador. In fact, central leadership of BJP and Congress have also adoptd a line different from local leaders and have praised sania Mirza as pride of India. Thus controversy ends.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-sania-mirza-is-a-pride-of-india-bjp-2005091

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree that her stay in Dubai as NRI on a more or less permanent basis goes against her appointment as brand ambassador. However as she plays Tennis on behalf of India only, and her original residence as well as of her parental family is in Talangana, there should be no objection to her appointmet as brand ambassador. In fact, central leadership of BJP and Congress have also adoptd a line different from local leaders and have praised sania Mirza as pride of India. Thus controversy ends.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-sania-mirza-is-a-pride-of-india-bjp-2005091

There is a world of difference between Political view and Laymans view...Politicians driven by their own convenience are apt to overlook many things when it suits them.However on twitter and facebook the matter I raised has been discussed by many and suchh views do have relevance since peoples opinions do matter , not just political views !!!
One is also overlooking a relevant point made earlier by congressmen that since Sonia Gandhi has married an Indian she is an Indian bahu , so what happens to Sania ???? Isnt she a Pakistani banu and therefore she becomes part of that country !!!!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There is a world of difference between Political view and Laymans view...Politicians driven by their own convenience are apt to overlook many things when it suits them.However on twitter and facebook the matter I raised has been discussed by many and suchh views do have relevance since peoples opinions do matter , not just political views !!!
One is also overlooking a relevant point made earlier by congressmen that since Sonia Gandhi has married an Indian she is an Indian bahu , so what happens to Sania ???? Isnt she a Pakistani banu and therefore she becomes part of that country !!!!!

There is a difference between Sonia and Sania. Sonia is living in India and working for India. Sania is not playing for Pakistan. she is playing for India and holds Indian passport. If she had played Tennis for Pakistan, she would not be eligible for brand ambassadorship of Telangana. However, she is playing only for India and holds Indian passport. she is eligible for all honor that an Indian sportsperson of her stature deserves.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.