The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is perhaps the most discussed topic in Indian Hinglish websites. No US or British site gives it a dime because they make as many or more mistakes.

US or Queen's English mistakes are there and will be there. Because the linguists opined, conveying the thought is more important than the grammar. In this respect US English is more liberal. "I dunno is an example."

All said and done English is their own language and no one can use it in spoken words and in print like they do, whereas for us it is fa oreign language which is spoken only in cities so mistakes will be made and one has to learn through these mistakes ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This is perhaps the most discussed topic in Indian Hinglish websites. No US or British site gives it a dime because they make as many or more mistakes.

And as Indians we try to use both US and UK English, and end up mixing both most of the times, which leaves room for more errors.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

US or Queen's English mistakes are there and will be there. Because the linguists opined, conveying the thought is more important than the grammar. In this respect US English is more liberal. "I dunno is an example."

Read Shaikh Peer (Shakespeare) and try to understand him. I don't know what was correct about his English and grammar. However, we the Indians will never stop praising him without understanding half of what he wrote :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh

And as Indians we try to use both US and UK English, and end up mixing both most of the times, which leaves room for more errors.

US English is more tolerant than Queen's English. which is why many people opt for US English.. Of course along with errors some new words are also joining the language.

US English is more tolerant than Queen's English. which is why many people opt for US English.. Of course along with errors some new words are also joining the language.

I find very little difference between both these English (US and UK), and find UK English more tolerable at least in terms of grammar.

Let me inform the respected members, in a recently held survey it was discovered that English has thousands of similar words from Hindi so British learn the Hindi language with in 23 weeks and as far US and UK dictionary is concerned one can set his language on his computer.Both are acceptable everywhere in the world. No one will criticize any one for your labour or labor, flavor or flavour.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Let me inform the respected members, in a recently held survey it was discovered that English has thousands of similar words from Hindi so British learn the Hindi language with in 23 weeks and as far US and UK dictionary is concerned one can set his language on his computer.Both are acceptable everywhere in the world. No one will criticize any one for your labour or labor, flavor or flavour.

Juggerut from Jagannadh and Bunglow from Bangla are but 2 examples of Hindi words, which joined the main stream English.

Yes, both UK and US English is acceptable, the only thing is we have to be consistent in our use while drafting something formal or in a training material.

Yes, both UK and US English is acceptable, the only thing is we have to be consistent in our use while drafting something formal or in a training material.

But US English is not accepted in Indian Education system., to that matter even in American education system is not accepted in the education circles.
The link is a infographics and good read, about English it is a strange language most of times no coherence in form even English natives have been suprised on this like Shaw, so mistakes bound to happen. :whistle: :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.