Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Avoid to consume water between meals. This article tells one important point that our food should be too salty. I think many of us making the same mistake of adding more salt.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/diet/Say-no-to-water-between-meals/articleshow/10841125.cms

This has of course been debated several times on the forums , here too if I am not mistaken - However, Europeans consume table wine along with their meal, wonder what impact that has on digestive system? I guess it is helpful ...

For Europeans consuming wine must have been helpful because of their living and atmospheric conditions. I'm not sure.

Consuming water during meals may also lessen the intake of food, since our system gets filled in by the water we consume. Thats why mothers usually tell their children not to take water while having their meals.And the food we consume also take some more time to get digest.

Drinking water can interrupt digestion and interrupt secretion of digestive enzymes, hence we should avoid drinking while eating.

Yes one should not take water during intake of food. It ill affect our digestive system for sure.

Not only your digestive system is affected, it paves way to many life threatening ailments.

Yes sir. I also heard about that. It will lead to life threatening problems. So, it is important for a parent to impart these things among their children.

Parents are the first teachers and hence it their duty to instill good habits in their children.

But the sad thing is that some parents are not following that. Then how their children will take their points. Because they are growing by seeing their parents only. So, parents must follow these habits since it not only affect them but their future generations also.

Yes, true..but some times we also learn certain things from other than our parents...I think we should embrace suhc good qualities from wherever we get it from.

Yes i agree with your point. But no one can replace the place of a parent in a child's life. Anything that is registered in our mind at an early stage will last for ever. In that way, parents should be alert. As you said children nowadays are learning a lot from outside world than at home. So it is duty of parents to see their children activities outside home also.

Definitely, good parents keep a vigil on their children be it at home or otherwise.

Good parenting is a combo of patience, perseverance and Practicability. They say, no teacher is better than parents and no educational institute is better than home. Hence injecting the importance of water consumption in the children is definitely is the responsibility of the parents.

Yes, instilling the importance of water consumption at the right time is of utmost importance.

Here the right time is formative years. There is no use instilling good habits once the child becomes an adult.

What you have said is true but learning can be done even as grown ups..but what I intended to say is that "importance of water consumption at the right time" is that not in between meals but before or after that after a gap ot 15-20 minutes.

Yes. I agree. Water should be taken in a span of every half an hour except during meals.
Avoid to consume water between meals. This article tells one important point that our food should be too salty. I think many of us making the same mistake of adding more salt.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/diet/Say-no-to-water-between-meals/articleshow/10841125.cms

This has of course been debated several times on the forums , here too if I am not mistaken - However, Europeans consume table wine along with their meal, wonder what impact that has on digestive system? I guess it is helpful ...

For Europeans consuming wine must have been helpful because of their living and atmospheric conditions. I'm not sure.

Consuming water during meals may also lessen the intake of food, since our system gets filled in by the water we consume. Thats why mothers usually tell their children not to take water while having their meals.And the food we consume also take some more time to get digest.

Drinking water can interrupt digestion and interrupt secretion of digestive enzymes, hence we should avoid drinking while eating.

Yes one should not take water during intake of food. It ill affect our digestive system for sure.

Not only your digestive system is affected, it paves way to many life threatening ailments.

Yes sir. I also heard about that. It will lead to life threatening problems. So, it is important for a parent to impart these things among their children.

Parents are the first teachers and hence it their duty to instill good habits in their children.

But the sad thing is that some parents are not following that. Then how their children will take their points. Because they are growing by seeing their parents only. So, parents must follow these habits since it not only affect them but their future generations also.

Yes, true..but some times we also learn certain things from other than our parents...I think we should embrace suhc good qualities from wherever we get it from.

Yes i agree with your point. But no one can replace the place of a parent in a child's life. Anything that is registered in our mind at an early stage will last for ever. In that way, parents should be alert. As you said children nowadays are learning a lot from outside world than at home. So it is duty of parents to see their children activities outside home also.

Definitely, good parents keep a vigil on their children be it at home or otherwise.

Good parenting is a combo of patience, perseverance and Practicability. They say, no teacher is better than parents and no educational institute is better than home. Hence injecting the importance of water consumption in the children is definitely is the responsibility of the parents.

Yes, instilling the importance of water consumption at the right time is of utmost importance.

Here the right time is formative years. There is no use instilling good habits once the child becomes an adult.

What you have said is true but learning can be done even as grown ups..but what I intended to say is that "importance of water consumption at the right time" is that not in between meals but before or after that after a gap ot 15-20 minutes.

Yes. I agree. Water should be taken in a span of every half an hour except during meals.

That how water should be taken has been stated clearly in my early threads of this discussion.
According to modern medico science drinking water is a very important part of diet and nutrition and the earlier you teach your children to consume water the better,In fact one can start as early as 3 months by feeding the child water in small quantities and increase it as they grow older. This forms a healthy routine ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

According to modern medico science drinking water is a very important part of diet and nutrition and the earlier you teach your children to consume water the better,In fact one can start as early as 3 months by feeding the child water in small quantities and increase it as they grow older. This forms a healthy routine ..

Yes water drinking habit should be at the earliest. Such habit formed during formative years will stay for ever.

But, doctors are of the opinion that if a baby is breastfed, s/he doesn't need water until 6 months..and yes post six months giving water is advisable ideally when solids are introduced as part of a baby's diet.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

But, doctors are of the opinion that if a baby is breastfed, s/he doesn't need water until 6 months..and yes post six months giving water is advisable ideally when solids are introduced as part of a baby's diet.

Of course breast feeding is always there right from the baby's birth. There is nothing wrong in feeding the baby simultaneously.

Of course breast feeding is always there right from the baby's birth. There is nothing wrong in feeding the baby simultaneously.

A baby's immune system is very delicate, and it takes time to adjust hence now doctors forbid giving water.

A baby's immune system is very delicate, and it takes time to adjust hence now doctors forbid giving water.

I learnt from a doctor otherwise. can you provide a link for clarification for me and others.

I learnt from a doctor otherwise. can you provide a link for clarification for me and others.

There is no link to back-up my statement..it is what doctors say...when my baby was born I was advised to do this...

I find their advice unwise especially in a tropical country like ours where it is hot, in fact used to argue about it with my own paediatrician who did not have any convincing reason for not feeding water ....I started feeding my children some water right from 3rd month onwards...a few sips because I could see that they enjoyed it . It has proven to be a really helpful ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.