Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

We are a nation where people laugh when someone pulls a chair from behind and a person about to sit on the chair falls and proabably gets injured and a deformed person limps in and people laugh - such things are considered a joke by our people. It goes to show how insensitive, immature and self centered we are as a people.So , having any empathy for transgenders is probably too much to expect from common average citizen of India while the educated themselves laugh at them and consider them perverts ...

True....Usha I have seen people immediately change their track when they see the transgenders walking towards their direction or even ignore them when they try to ask for directions or such. Once I was accompanying my mother to a bank and there were three of them who wanted help in filling out some forms. They approached some people and none of them agreed to help them out. I was very much irritated by the attitude and I walked up to them and helped wirte their forms. The others around me were looking at me as if I had committed a grave crime! LOL!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

We are a nation where people laugh when someone pulls a chair from behind and a person about to sit on the chair falls and proabably gets injured and a deformed person limps in and people laugh - such things are considered a joke by our people. It goes to show how insensitive, immature and self centered we are as a people.So , having any empathy for transgenders is probably too much to expect from common average citizen of India while the educated themselves laugh at them and consider them perverts ...

True....Usha I have seen people immediately change their track when they see the transgenders walking towards their direction or even ignore them when they try to ask for directions or such. Once I was accompanying my mother to a bank and there were three of them who wanted help in filling out some forms. They approached some people and none of them agreed to help them out. I was very much irritated by the attitude and I walked up to them and helped wirte their forms. The others around me were looking at me as if I had committed a grave crime! LOL!

I agree Kalyani, people have such small minds...Here in Mangalore until lately we never had any transgenders but now there are a lot of them seen at traffic lights and at toll gates asking for money.Apparently, they find life good here since things are relatively cheaper compared to metro cities .. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Transgederism is genetic and cannot be reversed even by the most famous yogi. It is the lowness f our society that we condemn them to a life where they have to earn by begging and invite ridiculous remarks. How low can a society go.

Indian society is composed of many constitutive elements of which Hypocrites take the lion's share. These hypocrites have two tongues. On one side they want their daughters get best of the education. On another side, their sons should get uneducated wives who are mere  dummies.

Such hypocrites opinions can be safely rubbished.

The Transgenders are eking their livelihood in a most respectable manner and living their own lives. They are entitled to live their own lives. Why on earth anybody should care for these two tongued insensitive remarks ?

rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Transgenders know what they have to with their loves. In this respect they don't need anybody's interference. They are entitled to live their own lives.

Transgender or any one may live personal life in any way. But nobody has business to behave in bizare ways in public. If anyone does so, this is at own risk. Even law can't help here.  As regards my comment that tramsgenders are perverts, it is crystal clear that any abnormal behavior by some specific mental condition or otherwise is perversion.  If somebody is normal and okay, there will be no social issue.  Society needs to symapthize with the transgenders.  But if the transgenders or their supporters claim that thius is normal and even worth appreciation, they are badly mistaken.  It is natural that you will be ridiculed if you act in bizarre way. For example, if you place your shoes on head instead of in feet, you will evoke laughter and ridicule and it will be no defence to say that you have a peculiar tendency and you have a right to place shoes on your head and so on. 

Evokes laughter. But why should one ridicule them. There are many things we encounter in life which evoke laughter. Wisdom is to just laugh and leave the matter. Transgenders may be unnatural to the normal people, but it is not for them. "Pasand Apni apni, Khayal apna apna."

As regardz eunucchs or Jizra that you mentioned somewhere, they are just phyically deformed and must get opportunities. In fact, some of them are getting. There is one Shabnam Mausi elected as mayor in a U.P. town. But she is a responsible mayor and does not behave in bizarre way. But as regards mental cases- they don't know their identity and so will behave as male some time or  female some time, I fail to understand what can be done for them. If somebody is not sure of his or gender and so behaves in a ridiculous manner, what can be done. such people can only pollute enironment at any work place. The best way is to give them psychiatric treatment.. I'm sure that most of our members on the site will not themselves ber able to adjust with such elements.    

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If somebody is not sure of his or gender and so behaves in a ridiculous manner, what can be done. such people can only pollute enironment at any work place. The best way is to give them psychiatric treatment.. I'm sure that most of our members on the site will not themselves ber able to adjust with such elements.    

I find that a very harsh statement given the fact that transgenders are just that - they have no gender and ridiculing them for their unfortunate status and suggesting them psychiatric treatment is very cruel to say the least..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

If somebody is not sure of his or gender and so behaves in a ridiculous manner, what can be done. such people can only pollute enironment at any work place. The best way is to give them psychiatric treatment.. I'm sure that most of our members on the site will not themselves ber able to adjust with such elements.    

I find that a very harsh statement given the fact that transgenders are just that - they have no gender and ridiculing them for their unfortunate status and suggesting them psychiatric treatment is very cruel to say the least..

Those physically deformed sexually are eunuchs or Hijra. They mostly earn by singing and dancing on occasions of marriage, biurth or inauguration of shops. There is no issue in habilitating them. In another post, I remarked how one Shabnam Mausi became mayor in U.P.  But the issue is with the normal men and women who are physically okay but emotioally and mentally, they don't understand their real sexual identity or deliberately do so. They are of course psychic cases. There are also cases of many with  sexual deviations. Some adults like to be treated as infants and would like to be cared like kids. They even get their satisfaction secretly by prostitutes. There are some who love spanking or caning. But all these perversions are okay if privately done and not publicly displayed. Some men may like to be in women clothes and vice versa. Okay as long as they behave normally publicly. There is no issue what they do privately. In facr, there is no restriction on rights and entitlements of anyone including transgenders as long as they behave well and normally publicly.     

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Transgenders and transvestites are totally different ...Transgenders are born difficient without properly developed sexual organs , either male or female.This sometimes results in hormonal imbalance and they develop breasts but manly voice and gait and so on...Transvestites are those who dress and behave like the opposite sex and this is not a recent phenomenon either ..

In some cultures, transvestism is practiced for religious, traditional or ceremonial reasons. For example, in India some male devotees of the Hindu god Krishna, especially inMathura and Vrindavan, dress in female attire to pose as his consort, the goddess Radha, as an act of devotion.[7] In Italy, the Neapolitanfemminielli (feminine males) wear wedding dresses, called the matrimonio dei femminielli (marriage of the femminielli), a procession takes place through the streets, a tradition that apparently has pagan origins - ( Wikipedia )

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

Transgenders and transvestites are totally different ...Transgenders are born difficient without properly developed sexual organs , either male or female.This sometimes results in hormonal imbalance and they develop breasts but manly voice and gait and so on...Transvestites are those who dress and behave like the opposite sex and this is not a recent phenomenon either ..

In some cultures, transvestism is practiced for religious, traditional or ceremonial reasons. For example, in India some male devotees of the Hindu god Krishna, especially inMathura and Vrindavan, dress in female attire to pose as his consort, the goddess Radha, as an act of devotion.[7] In Italy, the Neapolitanfemminielli (feminine males) wear wedding dresses, called the matrimonio dei femminielli (marriage of the femminielli), a procession takes place through the streets, a tradition that apparently has pagan origins - ( Wikipedia )

I have heard about such a ritual in a temple in Kollam district of Kerala. The temple is Kottakulangara Bhagavathy temple, where thousands of men dressed up as women and holding a lighted lamp in their hands, come in a long procession and  offer prayers to the deity, believing that the goddess will fulfill their wishes.  The festival is called “Chamaya Vilakku”, meaning ‘the make-up lamp”. It is held during March-April every year.

usha manohar wrote:

Oh.. Quite an impressive and informative matter. In AP too we have we  have a few rural art forms like " Bhama Kalapam " where in female roles are enacted by males. Even they sing with a female tone. Most of these art forms and performances lost in the whirlwind of time.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.