These days we can see many hawkers wandering around schools to sell junk foods, but our government thinks children got affected by these junk foods. One of the ill effects of these junk food is that kids are facing the problems of obesity and to minimize this ill effect government is planning to declare "no junk food zone" in 200 m area of the school.

http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/india/govt-panel-ban-junk-food-within-200m-of-schools/articleshow/48560255.cms

 


http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Government plans to ban junk food near schools.

    by » 7 years ago


    That is indeed a good move by the government, these days the good old habit of carrying a tiffin box is considered passe'...But there has to be an alternative , either open canteens where healthy food is served or  ask schools to provide nutritious food for the children, at a cost of course. These days with most mothers working full time it is difficult to give anything substantial and even if it is possible most mothers send biscuits, chips and a packet drink for lunch, this is something I have seen..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Government plans to ban junk food near schools.

    by » 7 years ago


    Such bans were introduced earlier too.How far these se bans on junk food are effective and successful ? 


  • Re: Government plans to ban junk food near schools.

    by » 7 years ago


    Good move indeed, but before banning junk food stalls, the government needs to ban pan-patti walahs who sell gutkhas, bidis and cigarettes to the young children without any kind of guilt!


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Government plans to ban junk food near schools.

    by » 7 years ago


    Very true Kalyani. Gutkhas and cigarettes are equally hazardous. The Government washed off its hands my displaying " Eating Gutkhas, smoking are injurious to Health. " But everybody knows they are sold openly. Effective implementation is necessary. Otherwise it's an exercise in futility.

     


  • Re: Government plans to ban junk food near schools.

    by » 7 years ago


    rambabu wrote:

    Very true Kalyani. Gutkhas and cigarettes are equally hazardous. The Government washed off its hands my displaying " Eating Gutkhas, smoking are injurious to Health. " But everybody knows they are sold openly. Effective implementation is necessary. Otherwise it's an exercise in futility.

     

    Yes, such stuff is not only hazardous but they also make the children addictive to these products which not only ruins their own lives but of their families as well.

     


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Government plans to ban junk food near schools.

    by » 7 years ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    rambabu wrote:

    Very true Kalyani. Gutkhas and cigarettes are equally hazardous. The Government washed off its hands my displaying " Eating Gutkhas, smoking are injurious to Health. " But everybody knows they are sold openly. Effective implementation is necessary. Otherwise it's an exercise in futility.

     

    Yes, such stuff is not only hazardous but they also make the children addictive to these products which not only ruins their own lives but of their families as well.

     

    This situation is there presently. It is a common scene we can see before every Pan Shop youngsters chat standing amidst the road, a cigarette in Hand chewing either Gutkha or Khaini. All tobacco products. I do not understand why why the Government turns its blind eye.

     

     


  • Re: Government plans to ban junk food near schools.

    by » 7 years ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

    Good move indeed, but before banning junk food stalls, the government needs to ban pan-patti walahs who sell gutkhas, bidis and cigarettes to the young children without any kind of guilt!

    Normally it does not stop at bidis and cigarettes , these people sell drugs too ...We have had several complaints and it was no use complaining to the police because the fellows are back waving a licence issued by the authorities . Honestly until we have laws written down in black and white nothing works, not that what is written will be of much help, at least it gives you a tool to fight with !


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Government plans to ban junk food near schools.

    by » 7 years ago


    Cigarettes and liquor are the revenue generators to the government. This is why Government makes noise through advertisements on the cigarette packets, Gutkhas and on liquor bottles. Nothing goes beyond this. Sales of these tobacco products go unabated.

     


  • Re: Government plans to ban junk food near schools.

    by » 7 years ago


    In the past few years awareness programs have helped. The sales of cigarette companies are down in India also. Smoking is no longer seen as a macho activity. It is rare to find smoking in many public places and in trains and buses in particular. Also raiway stations and in cinema foyers. But still there will be new smokers created. So constant awareness is the answer. drinking is increasing among Indians and needs to be curbed. But adults have tochose for themselves.

  • Re: Government plans to ban junk food near schools.

    by » 7 years ago


    if it happens, then surely it will be good for the mom's and dad's who are very much concern about theirs child health 


    bhuyali saroj


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.