Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Each and every religion was established to invoke spirituality among us who are actually spiritual beings on this human journey. Each and every religion, each and every ritual present in various religions are all actually methods by which soul can connect with Supreme Soul. Thus, both religion and spirituality are same. However, today we have forgotten the real meaning and all that is left in the name of religion is rituals which seem boring and tiring as we are doing them for the sake of doing.

Religion, due to many reasons binds you. I mean religion prescribes a set of norms, the follower has to act or think within these set norms. Whereas spirituality makes you free.

I am neither spiritual nor religious but my trust or faith is only a way of concentration. I always say a single line "Don't let me commit any mistake today and bless everyone whom I know'. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Having trust on one's self itself says that you are spiritual. There is nothing in the name. Call your spirituality by any name. It serves your purpose.

I am in a fix. What should I call myself: religious or spiritual? May be both but I think to some extent spirituality has the upper hand. I cannot deny that I don't practice any religion. I definitely follow the religion which I inherited automatically after my birth but yes, I am not fanatic. I believe in God and worship Him but not in the way the priests suggest. For me every religion and every human being is same so my thoughts are soulful and typically do not have the religious bent.

shampasaid

From what you said, I could understand you are an admixture religious and spiritual.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I am in a fix. What should I call myself: religious or spiritual? May be both but I think to some extent spirituality has the upper hand. I cannot deny that I don't practice any religion. I definitely follow the religion which I inherited automatically after my birth but yes, I am not fanatic. I believe in God and worship Him but not in the way the priests suggest. For me every religion and every human being is same so my thoughts are soulful and do not typically have the religious bend.

Yes, as long as they do not force me to follow their self-made rules. I prefer to follow my religion according to my own rule book.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

True religion is liberal. It's only the self styled in betweens force you to follow a certain procedure. You dont have to follow them. Follow tour religion in tune with with your free will.

No, not an admixture. I am very clear about my religious as well as spiritual identity. I believe in God, pray and celebrate festivals but never follow them blindly so I am not truly religious person and on the other hand I am humane so spirituality is with me. 

shampasaid

The very fact that you believe in Puja and rituals as your heart says that you are both.

People who are religious strictly bound by the norms of a particular puja, But you said you do not follow the set norms but do puja in your own way. The first part says you are religious. The latter part says that you are spiritual.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.