The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Even targeting a person too  must have Basis. If the reason  for targeting is bias. There is no reason for taking some of it. Brushing aside is the only sensible way.

@ Vijay, Khajuraho is not obscene. I was just giving my view point. I have also mentioned about what is acceptable to me. If Hussain was so secular, why didn't he portray the Muslims the way he did with Hindu Gods ? 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
rambabu wrote:

Even targeting a person too  must have Basis. If the reason  for targeting is bias. There is no reason for taking some of it. Brushing aside is the only sensible way.

In Husain's case he was not brushing aside but brushing them nude, so he got what he deserved.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@ Vijay, Khajuraho is not obscene. I was just giving my view point. I have also mentioned about what is acceptable to me. If Hussain was so secular, why didn't he portray the Muslims the way he did with Hindu Gods ? 

Muslims do not have any gods and no image of the Prophet is permitted by their religion. There is no such ban in Hinduism. According to your logic if he had showed then it would have been justified. 

vijay wrote:

Muslims do not have any gods and no image of the Prophet is permitted by their religion. There is no such ban in Hinduism. According to your logic if he had showed then it would have been justified. 

I'm well aware of that and that is exactly why I said muslims and not muslim gods. You missed it or intentionally overlooked it. Logic meant some basis...On what basis did he Portray our gods like that? And  Please refrain from using sarcasm just because my ideas don't match yours !!

Sex and nudity are not taboo so far as Hindudeities are concerned. You have agod of sex- called Kaam Deva or Madan. The western equivalent is Cupid.  Rati is the female sex goddess. The Hindu god Kaal Bhairav drinks liquer and non veg food. similarly Kaali goddess.  In fact, gods are cosidered likehiman, theywear same dress as human like dhoti, sari, blouse. The gods are also married likehiman- Shiva Parvati, Laxmi, Vishnu and so on.  As such, it is not so bizarre to paint them as if they were ordinary humans. That is why Hussain would ave painted the goddesses nude. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Sex and nudity are not taboo so far as Hindudeities are concerned. You have agod of sex- called Kaam Deva or Madan. The western equivalent is Cupid.  Rati is the female sex goddess. The Hindu god Kaal Bhairav drinks liquer and non veg food. similarly Kaali goddess.  In fact, gods are cosidered likehiman, theywear same dress as human like dhoti, sari, blouse. The gods are also married likehiman- Shiva Parvati, Laxmi, Vishnu and so on.  As such, it is not so bizarre to paint them as if they were ordinary humans. That is why Hussain would ave painted the goddesses nude. 

Everything in Indian culture from Prunas to mythology are obscene and vulgar. Have we Indians forgotten about that trio honorably known as The divine trio  Rambha, Urvashi and Menaka who are used as seduction tools by Indra ? Have we forgotten about " Kama Sutra ? How convenient it is to hide behind the naked truths ?

Ravivarma the enigmatic artist and painter faced criticism for making Indian Gods like human beings. And He's a Hindu And a recent case that took place in the " Holy " city of varanasi  where in the police hurled and rained bundles of currency notes on a group of street dancers.

Art is divine. The divinity of art is so enormous that not all can measure the enormity of it. What to speak of double tongued hypocrites?

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

He neither picked Rati nor Kaamdeva. He chose Durga, Lakshmi, Saraswati. His paintings went much beyond being like ordinary human. Many are bizzare. What about his painting of Godess Durga and the Tiger? Do we worship our Gods in that form or do we have that kind of image in our minds? Being from a different religion he obviously did not understand that or he understood it too well . I have nothing against Muslims in general. I have many Muslim friends but they are either respectful towards our beliefs or non committal and I have equal respect for theirs. I have been to Ajmer Sharif and I believe in its powers. I never supported Babri Masjid demolition. We should either be respectful towards the other religion or at least non committal. In the name of art how much is acceptable is of course a personal choice.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
rambabu wrote:

Everything in Indian culture from Prunas to mythology are obscene and vulgar. Have we Indians forgotten about that trio honorably known as The divine trio  Rambha, Urvashi and Menaka who are used as seduction tools by Indra ? Have we forgotten about " Kama Sutra ? How convenient it is to hide behind the naked truths ?

Ravivarma the enigmatic artist and painter faced criticism for making Indian Gods like human beings. And He's a Hindu And a recent case that took place in the " Holy " city of varanasi  where in the police hurled and rained bundles of currency notes on a group of street dancers.

Art is divine. The divinity of art is so enormous that not all can measure the enormity of it. What to speak of double tongued hypocrites?

Okay let me put it this way- suppose I am an artist and I draw a picture of all the Hussain's supporters in total nude or going a step further having sex with a tiger. Would that be my imagination worth praising or people will dislike me more than they do right now. I am sure you cannot blame me for this post as that would be nothing short of  double tongued hypocrites. You know art is divine and I am an artist too, although I do not match Husaain' imagination powers. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.