Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yogita wrote:

Religion and God. I know this is a little bit personal matter but there are people who believe and who don't believe in God

Yes religion is personal matter but one should be careful than no one heart with her/him believe.

Yogita wrote:

Religion and God. I know this is a little bit personal matter but there are people who believe and who don't believe in God

It is indeed a personal matter but displaying faith outside the limits of one's home to the point where it disrupts public life is something that we can do without.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Yogita wrote:

It is indeed a personal matter but displaying faith outside the limits of one's home to the point where it disrupts public life is something that we can do without.

Only and only message of all religion is love others help others. Any worship which hurt and insult other is not worship at all. Worship of God is for welfare of all world.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Yogita wrote:

I totally agree with you. Disrupting pubic life should not be allowed whether it is using loud speakers for kirthans or fo namaaz. 

People need to keep their civic sense intact when practicing their religion in a public domain.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: jabeen
Arunima Singh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Yogita wrote:

I totally agree with you. Disrupting pubic life should not be allowed whether it is using loud speakers for kirthans or fo namaaz. 

People need to keep their civic sense intact when practicing their religion in a public domain.

We must be change with time. Earlier when we have not any problem of noise pollution, than speaker was not a problem. But in these day noise pollution is increasing day by day. Hearing problem is also increasing. So it better for society to use speakers etc. with care. In my city it is law that after 10 PM no one can use high volume sound system.

Other than disruption of public life, I also feel angry about the forced conversion. That is one thing that upsets me. People can not propagate their religion using guns and bets. One can convert if he/she finds his belief in faith but forced conversion in the name of propagation of religion is a heinous crime.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Arunima Singh wrote:

Other than disruption of public life, I also feel angry about the forced conversion. That is one thing that upsets me. People can not propagate their religion using guns and bets. One can convert if he/she finds his belief in faith but forced conversion in the name of propagation of religion is a heinous crime.

It is difficult to define forced conversion because there is always a catch and it is made to look as if the person has done it out of his/her own free will. Recently one of my Hindu friends who has been married to a Catholic for 23 years , converted to Catholism. She of course believes that she has done the right thing and shd have done it before. When I speak to her , she sounds exactly like one of those nuns who keep visiting Hindu homes and speak of nothing but greatness of Christ and find fault with all other religious beliefs especially Hinduism. I was shocked to hear her condemn the religion of her birth...

I remember her crying her heart out about how her husband and his family almost forced her to convert which she withstood all these years but at some stage she must have felt that it would be better to convert since both her sons were baptised . But, I wonder if there is any need to abuse your previous religion? Or is it a form of guilt that makes her do so? She has given me a Bible as a gift and says that if I study it , I too will want to convert !!!!Dizzy FaceGrin

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

It is difficult to define forced conversion because there is always a catch and it is made to look as if the person has done it out of his/her own free will. Recently one of my Hindu friends who has been married to a Catholic for 23 years , converted to Catholism. She of course believes that she has done the right thing and shd have done it before. When I speak to her , she sounds exactly like one of those nuns who keep visiting Hindu homes and speak of nothing but greatness of Christ and find fault with all other religious beliefs especially Hinduism. I was shocked to hear her condemn the religion of her birth...

I remember her crying her heart out about how her husband and his family almost forced her to convert which she withstood all these years but at some stage she must have felt that it would be better to convert since both her sons were baptised . But, I wonder if there is any need to abuse your previous religion? Or is it a form of guilt that makes her do so? She has given me a Bible as a gift and says that if I study it , I too will want to convert !!!!Dizzy FaceGrin

Your friend has been thoroughly brainwashed and conditioned by her family during the 23 years of her marriage and so the conversion etc. However, I still find it ridiculous that she should criticise Hinduism and try to make a point that Christianity is greater than Hinduism. That is the fault with all other religions especially such as Christianity and Islam. In order to prove themselves great, they resort to belittling other religions which never ever happens with Hindus.

And about conversions, the Christian missionaries are forever on the path to convert more and more Hindus , recently we read about some people approaching a community in New Delhi offering a feast of samosas if they converted. Then there are tribals who were converted in Assam (or Odisha - not sure exactly) in return for a bag of rice. Those converts are still called Rice Bag Christians. And ever since Modi has put a stop to the fundings these churches receive from outside, they have bitten in the @$$ and are outraged. Hence the call from the Bishop in New Delhi to his flock asking them to start praying from now on that Modi should get defeated in the coming elections.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Your friend has been thoroughly brainwashed and conditioned by her family during the 23 years of her marriage and so the conversion etc. However, I still find it ridiculous that she should criticise Hinduism and try to make a point that Christianity is greater than Hinduism. That is the fault with all other religions especially such as Christianity and Islam. In order to prove themselves great, they resort to belittling other religions which never ever happens with Hindus.

And about conversions, the Christian missionaries are forever on the path to convert more and more Hindus , recently we read about some people approaching a community in New Delhi offering a feast of samosas if they converted. Then there are tribals who were converted in Assam (or Odisha - not sure exactly) in return for a bag of rice. Those converts are still called Rice Bag Christians. And ever since Modi has put a stop to the fundings these churches receive from outside, they have bitten in the @$$ and are outraged. Hence the call from the Bishop in New Delhi to his flock asking them to start praying from now on that Modi should get defeated in the coming elections.

Many tribes in my husband's place Ranchi are converted by Missionaries by offering them goodies like rice bags and grocery supply. They are thoroughly brainwashed by the missionaries. They take advantage of their poverty to propagate their religion. 

The goodness of no religion is above the other. They all have same underlying message. So why show some as superior to other.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Both Islam and Christianity openly propagate conversion. There is no doubt about that but what is very disturbing is the attitude of the new converts. In a first of its kind, here in my neighborhood ,a Muslim girl married to a Catholic man was forced to convert which led to a near war like situation because Muslims don't let anyone leave their faith , it is a prestige issue for them. It is still simmering ...since the man works in Dubai and the couple will leave in a short time , I guess the Church has the upper hand

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.