Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is a good move to lock the old and unwanted threads .Being absent for long I don't know the present conditions.Anyhow I support Kalyani's actions.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
[quote]Ans1) ABOUT BEING ACTIVE: Thanks for your nice words and, believe me, I try my level best to log in to the site once everyday but somehow I fail in this effort due to my hectic and tight schedule.. But I can assure you that whenever I will get time I will make myself available to the site.

Ans2) ABOUT INTIMATING MODERATORS: I appreciate your humble effort in intimating the moderators about those repeated threads and I believe you are on a role. To be frank, I am very much pleased with your performance in the site so far and I only hope that you keep this quality work in the future too.

3) ABOUT POSTING PICTURES: As rightly pointed out by Kalyani G, that posting pictures though might look attractive in the initial stages but, believe me, they could prove disastrous for a site in the long run. Even I stopped adding pictures to my articles and the last article that I submitted in the site does not contain any picture. I know I might get credited with less cash but then the concern of site matters for me first.

4) ABOUT ACTIVITING OLD THREADS: You can go through the threads that were posted long before if you are interested in it but if you ask me I would ask you not to post on those threads. Why? Because answering in old threads mean pushing back some fresh threads behind which is not likely or healthy for a forum.

5) CONCLUSION: And last but not the least, keep participating and sharing your ideas in all the sections of the site and believe me there is hardly any site like boddunan today which can groom you as a complete person or an author for the future...! [/quote]

Thanks ajay for making some points clear.

However, a couple of clarifications from me, regarding pictures, the point I have been making is about posting unnecessary pictures in the forums and not articles. So long as they are justified and clearly illustrates your point, they are fine in the forums and welcome, and are equally desirable in the articles as well. So go ahead and post articles with pictures, they are much more attractive that way!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: ajay
I also support this change which could have been before. Earn points and money, both should be fair.
Good work Kalyani now forum look is being nice day by day. Keep it up . I will try to improve myself too and will post quality contents.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
[quote]Good work Kalyani now forum look is being nice day by day. Keep it up . I will try to improve myself too and will post quality contents. [/quote]

I can hardly call it anywhere as clean a forum as it used to be an year ago, but still thanks for your words!

Nice explanation by Ajay about forums participation.

But Ajay when I wrote my article that one of moderator told me add picture for good looking.

@ Sasi,

Well Sasi, whatever I have written in the above-mentioned post is my personal knowledge about what posting images in volumes in a site could do. But please do not think that I am suggesting anyone to post articles without images.

Every site has their own written guidelines and protocols regarding posting resources and images which we should follow accordingly. Like I am also a part of a number of resource posting sites where posting images in volumes is not allowed and in some cases we are allowed to post images which are snapped by us only or our own images ( which we hold right to post).

Hence, to make your resources look better with proper explanations you may add images if required as is mentioned in the guidelines of the article writing section in boddunan. Hope this will clear the doubt :) :P
It is a good step taken by kalyani to stop unwanted threads which are of not more worth.
Yes this is very good step toward the clearance of unwanted thread.She is only who think for the welfare of site.
Now I think boddunan traffic is increasing day by day and alexa rank also improving . good work.keep it up.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

[quote]sasikanth.K wrote:
Nice explanation by Ajay about forums participation.

But Ajay when I wrote my article that one of moderator told me add picture for good looking.

@ Sasi,

Well Sasi, whatever I have written in the above-mentioned post is my personal knowledge about what posting images in volumes in a site could do. But please do not think that I am suggesting anyone to post articles without images.

Every site has their own written guidelines and protocols regarding posting resources and images which we should follow accordingly. Like I am also a part of a number of resource posting sites where posting images in volumes is not allowed and in some cases we are allowed to post images which are snapped by us only or our own images ( which we hold right to post).

Hence, to make your resources look better with proper explanations you may add images if required as is mentioned in the guidelines of the article writing section in boddunan. Hope this will clear the doubt
[/quote]

Thanks Ajay! sasikanth actually, what ajay is saying about adding pictures to anything, articles or forums, is that add only where necessary and relevant, and to illustrate the subject better. what he is against is adding in volumes, more simply, adding 4-5 pictures where only one or two will do, is undesirable.

Look in the forums now, and you will see more pictures than information on any topic!n That is what we do not want to happen.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.