Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]Yes, its a good move, but before locking we should think a while why to lock this forum, why they have created it and then only we should take a move [/quote]

Sarala, no thread is mindlessly locked before giving it a considerable thought!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes Sandhya You are right there are many more useful topics which are buried under old forums. Once I taken them front now they are again buried.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

There is no harm in writing on old topics if there are some new developments in the matter. Mere repetition of old topics without latest input is a futile exercise.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]sasi here they are locking without thinking a while why such question is posted and they declare that there wont be any discussions can be done on the question. this is really bad. [/quote]

Sarala, I am again repeating that not a single thread is locked without thinking, there are ample reasons for any thread to be locked and I usually make it a point to state so when locking. You will find there are some threads that are locked without giving reason simply because I had requested several times prior to NOT create such threads. I think you are also not reading my posts like some members other wise you would not have posted this reply.

As a moderator you hold a certain responsibility and if you do have complaints about certain threads being locked, you could very well have taken it up with admin. Posting here does not bode well with the members.

[quote]Hello Ajay,
happy to see you back. Why can't you join us and share some nice ideas with us. Spare some moments from your leisure time for us. I think, you were an active member yesterday, but not getting enough time now. Yet, try to login at least once everyday.

Then about locking threads.
I think, for past 10 days, I have reported to moderator at least 10-15 threads and I am happy to say, moderator has locked them as soon he/she received my message. It's true. It is really a headache to see repeated threads and it reduces our interest, also while seeing irrelevant or just a 'thanks for sharing' messages repeatedly post .

I am thinking.....it's only a suggestion.
When we like some one's message, pictures, images etc.....why can't we thank them, by adding similar ones also from our side. Suppose, we like a picture. We can post our thanks, along with some pictures in that category from our own library. I think it will be really nice and forum will look more fresh.
Nowadays Alam is really doing this, by posting some more from his library. Let us all also follow him, avoiding just typing a thanks or want some more.....posts.
what do you say?
Also, I want to know, whether we can get threads started before 6 months or 1 year. Some interesting topics may be there waiting for us to restart [/quote]

Sandhya, I really appreciate you in your efforts to point out the duplicate threads, keep up the good work.

Regarding pictures that are being posted at the alarming speed that I see, I have no issues against it, but the sheer number of pictures being posted rather outnumber the replies posted. Let me remind you posting a picture now and then is okay or if one wishes to post pictures, there is a thread in humor section titled, Funny HUmorous pictures, use that. BUt creating newer and newer threads is not desirable.

After all what drives traffic to this site is discussion,qualitative written content and not pictures. We are NOT a picture sharing site, BUT a knowledge sharing site. I trust you understand this and hope you can make Alam understand, he does not seem to understand what I write!

Thank you said by: ajay
Yes Sandhya You are right there are many more useful topics which are buried under old forums. Once I taken them front now they are again buried.

I think I get only 21 pages, not beyond that. But I am really interested to know about buried topics. There are many valuable members in the site who are not active now. I want to go through their topics, for sure. :)

Meera sandhu
[quote]I just wish we could have a few moderators or editors like Kalyani and this should not be interpreted that I am not acknowledging the role of few others.But she has been very pro-active and never stops at calling a spade a spade to use a cliche! It's worth pondering here that Boddunan is no longer a babe - rather it's very much on its way to adulthood! We must understand the only way to survival is growth and quality is the driver of growth.I would request you all to strive for it - don't encourage spammers,it's in your interest to isolate them and ultimately force them in to thinking of leaving to the land of their choice! When I say this,please note that I have no vested interest in making such an appeal.What has forced me to be vocal on this issue is the supreme interest of boddunan and its members.I know once again my Karma status would be under attack as it is already! What does it prove,it proves that I am bang on target and successful! And rightly happy!!! [/quote]

Thank you very much Chinmoy! I really appreciate your kind words of appreciation and support and really that you are the one who understands my intentions fully well. I can already see that reflecting in your karma :woohoo: but then we have experienced it time and again, haven't we?? :laugh:

But then, I know that I do not need to say it, you have always been here for a long time, many have come and gone, with promises to stay and do there part, and yet not seen again. Like Gulshan said somewhere, those were seasonal achievers and were here only for selfish reasons. But boddunan will always be associated with chinmoymukherjee, irrespective of your karma any time! So keep doing what you know is right! :) :) :)

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
Yes Kalyani, I understand what you are saying. You are 100% right. But I just want each member to post something valuable in his post, rather than just saying Thank you or You are right. It will attract more members to participate in forum. Otherwise, they will be engaged in writing articles only.
I think about 10,000 members have registered in this site. But how many of them are active in forum? I think only below 10 or 15. So it is the duty of every active member to bring more people to discussion and it will happen only if we post some nice questions or answers here. Am I not right?

Meera sandhu
That's right Sandhya, which is why I am having to lock so many threads and take corrective actions. If you encourage a person to post pictures, you can never be sure that person is not going to misuse the feature. The number of people who really really understand the relevance of any feature or facility is unfortunately, very few and here in boddunan can be counted by the digits of our hands.

@Chinmoyji,
We all like you not because of your karma or points earned. But just because, you are a nice person and how you keep this forum alive. Evils always commit wrong things and we don't care for evils. We always care for our loved ones......

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.