Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The truth is that any language would be lovable if you love it! Ideally once should learn the language of the state in which he or she resides. I can't understand why Pranab Mukherjee who has been in Delhi for the last 50 years can't speak in proper Hindi! Very shocking!!

Pranab Mukherjee can't speak Hindi? :woohoo:
Really shocking :laugh: :laugh:

It is easier to listen and understand than speak another language. I am in Mathura/ Agra for several years. But I cannot speak the local variant of Hindi (Brij bhasha). Pranab Mukherjee is in Delhi as a minister and he has no time or energy to learn different languages. Language is only a means and not end. English and Bengali are enough to Pranab Mukherjee.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The truth is that any language would be lovable if you love it! Ideally once should learn the language of the state in which he or she resides. I can't understand why Pranab Mukherjee who has been in Delhi for the last 50 years can't speak in proper Hindi! Very shocking!!

Pranab Mukherjee can't speak Hindi? :woohoo:
Really shocking :laugh: :laugh:

It is easier to listen and understand than speak another language. I am in Mathura/ Agra for several years. But I cannot speak the local variant of Hindi (Brij bhasha). Pranab Mukherjee is in Delhi as a minister and he has no time or energy to learn different languages. Language is only a means and not end. English and Bengali are enough to Pranab Mukherjee.

As a minister of a government which is wedded to the promotion of tri-language concept,he is not making the right and desirable statement to the people!
[quote]gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
Sandhya Rani wrote:
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

Pranab Mukherjee can't speak Hindi?
Really shocking

As a minister of a government which is wedded to the promotion of tri-language concept,he is not making the right and desirable statement to the people!
[/quote]

Well, Pranab is not the only minister who does that, there are so many ministers who do not understand the language of the state they reside in and sometimes make a mockery of the local language! :angry: And there can be no excuses like lack of time for such people, they are morally bound to do so being in the position they are!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think it's absolutely necessary to pick up the language of the locality one residing permanently to ensure greater bonding.

@Kalyani

You are right! Lack of time sounds very unconvincing!
Would any one believe that chief minister of Orissa could not speak in Orriya. He always spoke in English even with his own people in his own state for several years.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

[quote]I think it's absolutely necessary to pick up the language of the locality one residing permanently to ensure greater bonding.

@Kalyani

You are right! Lack of time sounds very unconvincing! [/quote]

True! Especially when they are seen wasting precious time in parliaments hurling chairs and mikes at each other!! :woohoo: :angry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Would any one believe that chief minister of Orissa could not speak in Orriya. He always spoke in English even with his own people in his own state for several years.

Same is the case of governors of each state. :laugh: :laugh: Don't you think, he should at least know some common words used in that regional language?

Meera sandhu
Even a sincere attempt at it would send the right signals to the masses. Our public figures are notorious for not practicing what they preach!!
I think people think speaking in their mother tongues is some thing that would show them down. Look at the film stars who work for Indian languages but feel ashamed while speaking in front of audiences and media. What a shame!

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think people think speaking in their mother tongues is some thing that would show them down. Look at the film stars who work for Indian languages but feel ashamed while speaking in front of audiences and media. What a shame!

language is for communication. This should not be a sentimental issue. When actor or any one speaks to national audience, use of English or Hindi may be necessary. This is more so when the audience consists of different linguist groups.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.