Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Marathi proverb:
Gadhvaala gulachi chav kai? - A donkey cannot appreciate the taste of jaggery.
Jase perave tase ugavate- As you sow so shall you reap.
Yes but as per saying Goli is considered as servant since slave system no more exists and Punjabis in Punjab use it as a joke nothing serious. Friends while talking to each other in a funny manner and asked for some thing generally use this line. There are hundreds of proverbs those have no meaning if you go by their literary meaning.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

A Punjabi proverb says "Golli kidi te gehne kide' That means this maid-servant of yours is totally faithful to you. Even her ornaments are your property donated by you.

Goli is not a maid servant but a slave. In princely states, the 'Golis' would also be sent along with bride to groonm's place. Acharya Chatur Sen Shastri has written a very informative book on Golis. His book is titled 'Goli'.

'Goli' is not specific to Punjab. There were many Golis in Rajasthan. They served in 'Harems' of Hindu Rajput kings and Landlords (Zamindars). 'Goli' system is a very ugly chapter in our past.

Really, you are a great encyclopedia of Knowledge, Sir :)
Thanks a lot for sharing a lot with us.

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Marathi proverb:
Gadhvaala gulachi chav kai? - A donkey cannot appreciate the taste of jaggery.
Jase perave tase ugavate- As you sow so shall you reap.

That's what I told in my own words for you people to decode, "For a blind person, all colours are just black" :P :P :P

For the second one, "Vithakkunnavan koyyum".......One who sow reaps! (Somewhat similar)

Meera sandhu
Thotha chana Baje Ghana, this means one who knows less makes a lot of noise.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Nirakudam thulumbathilla.....(Fully filled pot never spits)
Empty pots make so much noise :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
naadodumbol naduve odanam.....
when you are in Rome, do as Romans do

Meera sandhu
9 2 11 (Nau do gyarah) hona means run away from the scene. :woohoo:
Nizhalin arumai veiyilil thaan theriyum - tamil
Only when in the sun do you miss the shade. - english

Meaning : Only we know the true person value when he's not there.

Vinu
Nizhalin arumai veiyilil thaan theriyum - tamil
Only when in the sun do you miss the shade. - english

Meaning : Only we know the true person value when he's not there.

Similar ones.....kannillathappozhe athinte vila ariyaan pattoo...(We know the value of eyes only when it's missing)
Muttathe mullakku manamilla......(We can't smell the jasmine at our courtyard).. If good things are in front of our eyes....we can't identify its perfume

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.