Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
"poocha kannadachu paalu kudikkumbol athinte vichaaram aarum onnum kaanunnilla ennu"

Translation- "A kitten always drink milk with its eyes closed because he thinks, "If I close my eyes, the whole world can't see me". :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It is applicable in the case of normal men too, when he commits mistakes closing his eyes thinking no one will see me

Meera sandhu
Pucha kayala donga antay bujalu thadumukunnadanta - Telugu
this i dont know in english but i will explain you with example.
If we are telling that some one are making loss to us. then a person unnecessarily tells that am not that person.that to though we didnt suspect that person.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

My honest view is that such proverbs are so worded that translating these into other languages make them lose their flavor!
My honest view is that such proverbs are so worded that translating these into other languages make them lose their flavor!

Yes, of course...translation is a dreadful experience...yet we can learn something new.

Let me add 1 or 2

"Theeyil mulachathu veyilathu vedilla".....one that born in fire never dies in sun heat

Meera sandhu
Every failure is a success of pillar - english
0000002_2012-03-28.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

"Kathirinmel valam vachittu karyamilla"
"Giving manure to its leaves after the plant grows, is of no use"

Meaning....make hay when sun shines.....a stitch in time saves nine....prevention is better than cure

"Kurakkunna patti kadikkaarilla"
Barking dogs seldom bites

Meera sandhu
Mokkai vanguthadi kani, maanai vanguthada - telugu

A plant can bend but a tree cannot bend - English

The meaning is, a child can listen to us but after become adult never listen to us.

this proverb applies in many cases.

Mokkai vanguthadi kani, maanai vanguthada - telugu

A plant can bend but a tree cannot bend - English

The meaning is, a child can listen to us but after become adult never listen to us.

this proverb applies in many cases.

"Paakkaayaal madiyil vaikkam....kavungu aayaal pattumo"

"If it is an aracanut, we can place it in our lap. If it has become tree, can we put it again in our lap?"
Same meaning

Meera sandhu
Every failure is a success of pillar - english[/quote

] I don't want to be a pillar for somebody's success!!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6448]}
Goru chuttu meeda rokali potu - telugu

On one wound another wound will occur - meaning of the about proverb

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.