Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Film and Cricket really dominate the media. But I hate cricket and love to see film. :)

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Film and Cricket really dominate the media. But I hate cricket and love to see film. :)

Mary you love to see films on news channels? I am sure you watch films on filmy channels. :) :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Now a days films are not capture in media instead they capture the actor and actress in their camera.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I agree, anything and everything they do becomes newsworthy, however silly it may seem to the viewers ..They go into their homes and open their wardrobes and show the clothes,shoes, belts,cosmetics also chat about their love affairs - honestly , who cares?
People do watch when it is shown again and again and begin to think that modern living means when you watch the rich and famous peoples private lives .They have no better choice so they watch what is available and get used to it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Ushaji you have very well pointed out the real facts. Media is good source of income. All newspaper and news channels have one main target i.e. TRP. They want business and no social work. Politics, Films and Cricket attracts people more. That's why news related to this is always on the front page.
I think every channel was busy with cricket news today. They have forgotten past failures and are back to singing songs about greatness of Indian cricket. Cricket is game of chance and money power.

Ushaji you have very well pointed out the real facts. Media is good source of income. All newspaper and news channels have one main target i.e. TRP. They want business and no social work. Politics, Films and Cricket attracts people more. That's why news related to this is always on the front page.

I think every channel was busy with cricket news today. They have forgotten past failures and are back to singing songs about greatness of Indian cricket. Cricket is game of chance and money power.

Very true ! Money and power are two very important factors that dominate the society today.Media is no better, they too go after only the big names and news makers who bring in revenue ! more than 50% of the daily Newspapers are dedicated to ads, more so the weekend magazine sections ... :huh:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Cricket and Films are the Religions of India. They are enjoyed my the masses and the classes. So the Media is clever enough to make the most of it and cover these two topics the most.

Live in the present :)

Very true ! Money and power are two very important factors that dominate the society today.Media is no better, they too go after only the big names and news makers who bring in revenue ! more than 50% of the daily Newspapers are dedicated to ads, more so the weekend magazine sections ... :huh:

Electronic media is as good as Print media and both of these are out to make money. You know if you calculate the value of a newspaper, that would be almost 5 times of its print price. The main revenue comes from advertisement and the circulation plays the major role. Same goes for electronic media TRP is the name of the game.

Now a days in news channel and in other channel we could only see about the films and cricket.To advertise the films the actress and the actor and even the director himself comes to the media and encourage people to watch new release of the film.Cricket also dominates a large place in media.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.