Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Kalyani thanks for correcting my spellings.
But the fact is a dull scenario appears whenever I remember DAL now compared to 20 years back. Today's generation would never know the real meaning of Kashmir that was prior to 90s.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

But the fact is a dull scenario appears whenever I remember DAL now compared to 20 years back. Today's generation would never know the real meaning of Kashmir that was prior to 90s.

Let us take a holistic view of things, why Kashmir for that matter every place is changing in such a manner that these would be barely recognizable in a few years time. Even the locality where I live,has turned so different in a matter of 10 years thank to environmental degradation and all that!

Let us take a holistic view of things, why Kashmir for that matter every place is changing in such a manner that these would be barely recognizable in a few years time. Even the locality where I live,has turned so different in a matter of 10 years thank to environmental degradation and all that!

Had this been for environment i would have no complaints whatsoever, but this is due to political reasons and total ineffective stand by our government. They always played a negative role and kept up to giving them more subsides, as if that was the only solution. They never saw the real problem that started right from 50s.

Had this been for environment i would have no complaints whatsoever, but this is due to political reasons and total ineffective stand by our government. They always played a negative role and kept up to giving them more subsides, as if that was the only solution. They never saw the real problem that started right from 50s.

Isn't that the sad story related to all places of national interest and high value??? actually, collectively as citizens we Indians too fail to preserve and maintain monuments and objects of beauty, nature etc. etc. Cannot blame the government alone for this!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Isn't that the sad story related to all places of national interest and high value??? actually, collectively as citizens we Indians too fail to preserve and maintain monuments and objects of beauty, nature etc. etc. Cannot blame the government alone for this!

That's right its not only government duty its ours too to maintain monuments and other place. I am sure Kashmir is still beautiful because not much of the people go there.It would have been polluted too like other places had it be opened to visit for we people. :blink:
Let us take a holistic view of things, why Kashmir for that matter every place is changing in such a manner that these would be barely recognizable in a few years time. Even the locality where I live,has turned so different in a matter of 10 years thank to environmental degradation and all that![/quote]
Had this been for environment i would have no complaints whatsoever, but this is due to political reasons and total ineffective stand by our government. They always played a negative role and kept up to giving them more subsides, as if that was the only solution. They never saw the real problem that started right from 50s.[/quote]

Isn't that the sad story related to all places of national interest and high value??? actually, collectively as citizens we Indians too fail to preserve and maintain monuments and objects of beauty, nature etc. etc. Cannot blame the government alone for this![/quote]

I accept that and can relate as well but people have no role to play with problem in Kashmir, that is entirely different from just simple environment issue. I would rather stay away from politics on this thread.

Had this been for environment i would have no complaints whatsoever, but this is due to political reasons and total ineffective stand by our government. They always played a negative role and kept up to giving them more subsides, as if that was the only solution. They never saw the real problem that started right from 50s.[/quote]

Isn't that the sad story related to all places of national interest and high value??? actually, collectively as citizens we Indians too fail to preserve and maintain monuments and objects of beauty, nature etc. etc. Cannot blame the government alone for this![/quote]

I accept that and can relate as well but people have no role to play with problem in Kashmir, that is entirely different from just simple environment issue. I would rather stay away from politics on this thread.[/quote]

Leaving politics aside, could you post a little bit info on what and how the problem with Dal started!! I would like to know it well because I have never been there, hence would like to know the proper information!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I have heard DAL lake is shrinking due to some environmental changes and there are doubts that it may disappear in future. :blink:

I accept that and can relate as well but people have no role to play with problem in Kashmir, that is entirely different from just simple environment issue. I would rather stay away from politics on this thread.[/quote]

Leaving politics aside, could you post a little bit info on what and how the problem with Dal started!! I would like to know it well because I have never been there, hence would like to know the proper information![/quote]

I had been there for ....oh I don't even remember. I was there last in 2008 as a project manager for a company in the field of bridge construction for BRO- but started going there right from early eighties when every thing was almost fine. This is nothing wrong with DAL especially but whole of Jammu and Kashmir has lost its previous charm that used to draw tourists, now tourists mostly end their journey in Patnitop that is before the Benihal tunnel and comparatively safer. Hotels have no business and almost lost interest, shikaras, houseboats and all other place have very few or sponsored tourists. Most of the tourists are relatives of army persons deployed there or people going there for official tour. But they want to come back as soon as they have finished their jobs. Te most visited places like Gulmarg, Khilanmarg and Pahalgam have not many tourists there, afraid of any untoward happening any moment. There is so much to write but this is no place to write every thing.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
No Sanjeev Je it still Present their.This lake is still in good condition..........
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.