Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I haven't donate blood and i don't think i will ever do. I am sorry,i can't do it.

Why are you thinking so?Have you any fear?

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Lot of information on blood groups.. I am universal donor(O+) but never got chance to donate... :P :)

Just wanted to add that even though people with O blood group are called universal donor, The real Universal donor are people with O- blood groups for they can donate to person of any blood groups while the people with O+ blood groups can donate only to people with O+, AB+, A+ and B+ groups.
Thank you said by: Rajani K
Lot of information on blood groups.. I am universal donor(O+) but never got chance to donate... :P :)

Just wanted to add that even though people with O blood group are called universal donor, The real Universal donor are people with O- blood groups for they can donate to person of any blood groups while the people with O+ blood groups can donate only to people with O+, AB+, A+ and B+ groups.

Can O- people donate blood to positive groups? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I learnt in school that......it does not harm for the first time when positive group people is given negative blood group and vice versa . But the real problem occurs when second time blood is donated.
i.e. When blood is donated, they produce corresponding antibodies that time will surely harm the second time blood is donated.
I think positive groups produce negative antibodies and negative groups produce positive antibodies which will react second time, when any of the blood group is donated...... i.e. When both type of antibodies are present in our body, it will fight against the antibodies next time. Sheetal, am I right? :dry: Am quoting it from my memory. Just add missing factors please

Meera sandhu

Jabeen nice explanation by you.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: jabeen
i am afraid of syringes and blood, never see injured peoples.
:( :( :( :( :(
I don't like to see people suffering,but when it comes to donation of blood,my foot don't move to go for donation.

Want to make each day Accountable

I learnt in school that......it does not harm for the first time when positive group people is given negative blood group and vice versa . But the real problem occurs when second time blood is donated.
i.e. When blood is donated, they produce corresponding antibodies that time will surely harm the second time blood is donated.
I think positive groups produce negative antibodies and negative groups produce positive antibodies which will react second time, when any of the blood group is donated...... i.e. When both type of antibodies are present in our body, it will fight against the antibodies next time. Sheetal, am I right? :dry: Am quoting it from my memory. Just add missing factors please

As far as I know, yeah problem arises if the negative blood group donates to positive blood group people and vice versa. And I think it is all the time including the first time.However, blood group O- is a special kind of blood group which is acceptable to all. Actually I also came to know it from an article that one of my friends had forwarded to me. How right it is can only be confirmed by some one of medical background.
My Bloodgroup is A positive.

Still I never donated blood.I never got an opportunity. I like to do so. But I have little fear of it.

Be positive

Yes sandhya you are right somewhat.. O-ve can donate blood to all the blood groups but can receive blood only from O-ve donor and thats y people with O -ve blood group are called as universal donor. Since O blood group do not have antibodies and antigens against A or B . Hence they can donate blood to any blood groups. I hope your doubt is clear now. By the way ur memory is good...U still remember correct things.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Yes sandhya you are right somewhat.. O-ve can donate blood to all the blood groups but can receive blood only from O-ve donor and thats y people with O -ve blood group are called as universal donor. Since O blood group do not have antibodies and antigens against A or B . Hence they can donate blood to any blood groups. I hope your doubt is clear now. By the way ur memory is good...U still remember correct things.

Sheetal could you also please explain about what sandhya had said that there is no problem when negative blood group is donate to the positive blood group people for the first time and vice versa and that the problem arise when it is donated for the second time. Actually, I read somewhere that problems can arise from the first time itself.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.