Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The dominance of religion ever since the dawn of civilization has been well-recorded in the pages of history. I personally observe all organized religions paradoxically and contrary to their avowed goals of justice and harmony have played havoc on us. As we are all susceptible to religious overtures, all selfish and downright corrupt people have seen how effective and powerful tool it could be in their hands to control lives.Religion is as it has been down the centuries. It has undergone several evolutionary stages and the common educated people are still struggling to link it to their lives. But any thought of banishment of it from our life would be pretty foolhardy!

I agree, but instead of banishing, why cannot we ask for moderation of religion in our daily lives?? I see an increasing number of people who would skip important days of work, school, other commitments etc. so that they can wait in the queue outside some temples for darshan, especially so I see this trend on Saturday evenings to seek blessings of Hanuman and Shani so that their lives are without any worries. A very worrisome trend when I see school and college going lot in those queues!! Why cannot that time be devoted instead to fruitful endeavors at work and learning?

This is the kind of thing religion and religious beliefs does to people.They conveniently forget their duties towards themselves and the society they live in.Everything becomes fair - even violence and killings done in the name of Religion..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Religion just binds us that makes our existence in the society. Our Culture plays a important role.

Want to make each day Accountable

The dominance of religion ever since the dawn of civilization has been well-recorded in the pages of history. I personally observe all organized religions paradoxically and contrary to their avowed goals of justice and harmony have played havoc on us. As we are all susceptible to religious overtures, all selfish and downright corrupt people have seen how effective and powerful tool it could be in their hands to control lives.Religion is as it has been down the centuries. It has undergone several evolutionary stages and the common educated people are still struggling to link it to their lives. But any thought of banishment of it from our life would be pretty foolhardy!

I agree, but instead of banishing, why cannot we ask for moderation of religion in our daily lives?? I see an increasing number of people who would skip important days of work, school, other commitments etc. so that they can wait in the queue outside some temples for darshan, especially so I see this trend on Saturday evenings to seek blessings of Hanuman and Shani so that their lives are without any worries. A very worrisome trend when I see school and college going lot in those queues!! Why cannot that time be devoted instead to fruitful endeavors at work and learning?

This is the kind of thing religion and religious beliefs does to people.They conveniently forget their duties towards themselves and the society they live in.Everything becomes fair - even violence and killings done in the name of Religion..

Yes!! Actually all holy books, most importantly Bhagvad Gita implores everyone to first do their duties in a pre-defined order, in which Gods and all Godmen come last, but we conveniently put them in the front of the list!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Our mind,our soul is so changed that for the youngsters,specially,the lifestyle of them is making them avoid these usefulness of Religion.

As matter of fact the interpretation of religion has been done totally one sided that benefited a particular sect. They kept on converting things in their own way and interests. Initially this was all right when people thought and took them for granted. Now the way people can see realities and seeing with a wider view/scope they are reaching to conclusions that are more practical. Only people with very narrow vision are unable to see the realities of life.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Frankly how beneficial the influence of organised religion on humanity is a debatable issue. The question that should be addressed here is what one perceives as religion. The talk of banishment is in relation to some coercive measures taken by totalitarian Communist states to de-addict people from what used to be described as 'opium' without any success. In the erstwhile USSR religious practices were brutally suppressed but those just bounced back with full force. As far as moderation is concerned,I don't think it is ever possible.
Our Religion is losing it outcomes. The new Generation is not understanding its importance.

What I feel that religion can never loose its values and roots, but we have to see that we understand the right meaning of it. Living in the age of rockets and talking like bullock cart age won't help.

What I feel that religion can never loose its values and roots, but we have to see that we understand the right meaning of it. Living in the age of rockets and talking like bullock cart age won't help.

We should realize the actual meaning of it. It should be used for unity.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

We should realize the actual meaning of it. It should be used for unity.

On the contrary this is being used for separating groups and casts. This has become a big political and social game.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.