Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Although Raksha Bandhan is a festival of love between brother and sister, this also reminds that women are weak. Being weak, they tie Rakhi on brother's wrist to ensure safety. Ironically, even a very strong and powerful sister ties Rakhi on her weak and handicapped brother expecting that he will protect her.

I have a cousin in Delhi, who is physically handicapped since very childhood and he depends on his sister for looking after him. Yet his sister will tie Rakhi on him expecting that he will protect her.

Does Rakhi says, a brother should protect his sister?? :blink: :dry:
Doesn't it mean mutual help, respect, love and bond???? :evil: :evil: :whistle:

Meera sandhu
Although Raksha Bandhan is a festival of love between brother and sister, this also reminds that women are weak. Being weak, they tie Rakhi on brother's wrist to ensure safety. Ironically, even a very strong and powerful sister ties Rakhi on her weak and handicapped brother expecting that he will protect her.

I have a cousin in Delhi, who is physically handicapped since very childhood and he depends on his sister for looking after him. Yet his sister will tie Rakhi on him expecting that he will protect her.

Yes. Raksha bandhan is a tie that binds a brother to protect his sister. There is also a story about a Rajput woman sending Rakhi to Humayun, Mogul emperor for securing safety.

This is traditional meaning of Rakhi. However, you may change the meaning and purpose if you like. In fact, a sister has given a very unique gift to her brother on rakshabandhan. She donated one of her kidneys to her brother, whose both kidneys were damaged. Thus she saved his life.

http://health.india.com/news/sister-gives-brother-an-irreplaceable-rakhi-gift-one-of-her-kidneys/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Ram, all my brothers are away from home. So no one are there to tye. If they are much Interested then they should only come to my house. I should not go and tye

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

This is very much mutual love, help and cooperation. Even girls are trying to help their brothers these days as much as possible. If love is lost every thing is lost. This is a tradition of Indian society that men is considered stronger, therefore this was considered that brother will a word of protection. People used to go to kings to tie the thread of protection irrespective of being men or women.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Ram, all my brothers are away from home. So no one are there to tye. If they are much Interested then they should only come to my house. I should not go and tye

You can send the Rakhi and sweet through courier.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Do you have a sister to tie rakhi every year? Or only me?

Meera sandhu
ya you are right Ramji, but my brother there not yet settled. so could not send him. anyway i feel that if i wont tye rakhi will he wont be my brother or what. he will be my brother always and for ever

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Do you have a sister to tie rakhi every year? Or only me?

Ya I have two my own and this year u added. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

This is very much mutual love, help and cooperation. Even girls are trying to help their brothers these days as much as possible. If love is lost every thing is lost. This is a tradition of Indian society that men is considered stronger, therefore this was considered that brother will a word of protection. People used to go to kings to tie the thread of protection irrespective of being men or women.

The word 'raksha' means 'protection'. So, this creates a duty to protect. Traditionally, brother promises to protect. The king is supposed to protect his subjects and a 'yajman' to protect/ shelter a purohit/ Brahmin. So, rakhi was tied by Brahmins on wrists of their clients (yajman) and similarly king also accepted rakhi from his subjects.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The word 'raksha' means 'protection'. So, this creates a duty to protect. Traditionally, brother promises to protect. The king is supposed to protect his subjects and a 'yajman' to protect/ shelter a purohit/ Brahmin. So, rakhi was tied by Brahmins on wrists of their clients (yajman) and similarly king also accepted rakhi from his subjects.

Thank you for your response :) :)

Yet i feel, now it's just a celebration or a get together than it's real meaning. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.