Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Brilliance in sycophancy is possible but I have not come across any sycophant who is brilliant in terms of merit. Strangely there are a few amongst them who have a weakness for sycophants!

You mean a sycophant having a weakness for sycophants :cheer: , ...I agree that it is not possible for a sycophant to be brilliant since it is actually a way of covering up for their lack of confidence in themselves and leeching on to others to get benefits and their work done...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Brilliance in sycophancy is possible but I have not come across any sycophant who is brilliant in terms of merit. Strangely there are a few amongst them who have a weakness for sycophants!

You mean a sycophant having a weakness for sycophants :cheer: , ...I agree that it is not possible for a sycophant to be brilliant since it is actually a way of covering up for their lack of confidence in themselves and leeching on to others to get benefits and their work done...

All have weaknesses. Everyone likes praise and favor. The sycophants take advantage of this. There is definitely no contradiction between merit and sycophancy. The unsuccessful often conceal their own demerit and frustration behind plea of others' sycophancy and their own righteousness. The sycophants without merit also do not rise much. It is the ideal mix of merit and relation management (call this sycophancy or anything) that gives success. I have not seen any sycophant lacking self confidence. In fact, they are very sure of success in whatever they do.

In my law firm, my colleague is very good at managing clients, departmental officers of central excise and anyone who matters. There are many advocates who despite long practice have not much success. They may call him sycophant. He also does not lack merit.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I guess we all use mild flattery from time to time....at times it also gives an ego boost to children or even our maids and others..it is the intention that counts !

True, a mild flattery is used by almost all of us from time to time, but when it is made the way of living by some, then it becomes a nuisance for others. Especially while working a person who is genuine and works hard and is briliiant often gets waylaid in favor of ones who are sycophants of their bosses. :( That is so unfair!

I agree with that wholeheartedly ! I have seen it happening many times and it is definitely frustrating, so much so that you want to quit...But then what is the point and what has one achieved ? ...

I am dead against such employees and bosses who act on matters other than potential and worth.

Most of us dead against such but still the number of such employees in any organisation is a lot higher than is desirable!!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

So true!!! The ones who have weakness for sycophants need to feed their egos in some manner and therefore need a couple at least around them! So they are not so smart after all.

No Ma,am! I was talking about the truly brilliant ones looking for sycophants so that their brilliance can dazzle in the surrounding dark :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ness!

No Ma,am! I was talking about the truly brilliant ones looking for sycophants so that their brilliance can dazzle in the surrounding dark :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ness!

LOL...that is manipulation !!! I am sure our Madame must be a master of the game .....However, all said and done this is a world where only the fittest survive ... :unsure:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

LOL...that is manipulation !!! I am sure our Madame must be a master of the game .....However, all said and done this is a world where only the fittest survive ... :unsure:

Oh the madame is indeed a Master of the Game, even Sidney Sheldon would be unable to write anything that could quite match up to her manipulations!

Oh the madame is indeed a Master of the Game, even Sidney Sheldon would be unable to write anything that could quite match up to her manipulations!

Very true ! I am sure you must have seen Gustaki maaf on NDTV...some of them are so funny,they have got every single gesture and her accent perfectly right ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8i7lA5mzmY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlIEq54WpME&feature=relmfu

Very true ! I am sure you must have seen Gustaki maaf on NDTV...some of them are so funny,they have got every single gesture and her accent perfectly right ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8i7lA5mzmY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlIEq54WpME&feature=relmfu

Oh yes, I have seen some of those shows, that is very hilarious! :laugh:

No I refuse to accept it that this is a way of life for every ne. Some people are masters of this art and they survive solely on sycophancy but there are as many people who would never accept it as way of life even if they face the worst in their lives.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.