Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I guess we all use mild flattery from time to time....at times it also gives an ego boost to children or even our maids and others..it is the intention that counts !

True, a mild flattery is used by almost all of us from time to time, but when it is made the way of living by some, then it becomes a nuisance for others. Especially while working a person who is genuine and works hard and is briliiant often gets waylaid in favor of ones who are sycophants of their bosses. :( That is so unfair!

True but this seems to be the life of most these days. They find their way to success even while playing boss's children, a perfect way of flattery. Some say that the way to success goes through the hours you spend buttering the boss rather working sincerely.

Yes it is, but it is frustrating when you don't belong to that category! :(

I didn't have to - 'cause I headed the department and there was no way I could replace the director. :( :(

You were fortunate enough to be in that position then, but for me I have faced the unfairness just too many times!! :(

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I guess we all use mild flattery from time to time....at times it also gives an ego boost to children or even our maids and others..it is the intention that counts !

True, a mild flattery is used by almost all of us from time to time, but when it is made the way of living by some, then it becomes a nuisance for others. Especially while working a person who is genuine and works hard and is briliiant often gets waylaid in favor of ones who are sycophants of their bosses. :( That is so unfair!

True but this seems to be the life of most these days. They find their way to success even while playing boss's children, a perfect way of flattery. Some say that the way to success goes through the hours you spend buttering the boss rather working sincerely.

I didn't have to - 'cause I headed the department and there was no way I could replace the director. :( :(

You were fortunate enough to be in that position then, but for me I have faced the unfairness just too many times!! :(

I thought they do not supersede girls generally :ohmy: :ohmy:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree with that wholeheartedly ! I have seen it happening many times and it is definitely frustrating, so much so that you want to quit...But then what is the point and what has one achieved ? ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree with that wholeheartedly ! I have seen it happening many times and it is definitely frustrating, so much so that you want to quit...But then what is the point and what has one achieved ? ...

I am dead against such employees and bosses who act on matters other than potential and worth.

I thought they do not supersede girls generally :ohmy: :ohmy:

Believe me they do a lot!!! :angry:

Yes, but then these are also the ones who end up getting promotions and all good things that go with it!! :( :sick: For some the journey does end there as they are not capable of keeping themselves there, but most get away with greater degrees of sycophancy!!

Yes, but then these are also the ones who end up getting promotions and all good things that go with it!! :( :sick: For some the journey does end there as they are not capable of keeping themselves there, but most get away with greater degrees of sycophancy!!

Let me tell that the successful sycophants are not less brilliant or efficient. There is no substitute to brilliance and efficiency. In fact, sycophancy is an additional merit only. This is in addition and not as a substitute for efficiency.

To elucidate, there are two employees. One does his office work well. There is another who performs well in office and also in addition satisfies boss and his family's person work and needs and is also a sort of family friend. whom will boss favor?

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Let me tell that the successful sycophants are not less brilliant or efficient. There is no substitute to brilliance and efficiency. In fact, sycophancy is an additional merit only. This is in addition and not as a substitute for efficiency.

To elucidate, there are two employees. One does his office work well. There is another who performs well in office and also in addition satisfies boss and his family's person work and needs and is also a sort of family friend. whom will boss favor?

Definitely the later category for obvious reasons, most of us like flattery whether it is justified or not,fair or not ...you can see it happening around you ! :unsure:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Brilliance in sycophancy is possible but I have not come across any sycophant who is brilliant in terms of merit. Strangely there are a few amongst them who have a weakness for sycophants!
People with self confidence, talent and brilliance hate sycophancy. They can not stand a person around them who gets every thing with this particular art as his/her sole merit.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.