Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is some thing I could never catch although I suffered in my life. I would rather stay away but this is not my way. This is game of the incompetent. They do it to hide their weakness and exploit others weaknesses as well.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This is some thing I could never catch although I suffered in my life. I would rather stay away but this is not my way. This is game of the incompetent. They do it to hide their weakness and exploit others weaknesses as well.

Mere efficiency and competence does not usually work. You may not be sycophant but still you need be courteous and tactful enough so as to be on right side of the persons who matter. Sycophancy alone helps no body. They are successful only if they are also efficient and skillful in addition.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

As long as a person is Courteous ,tactful,diplomatic also hard work , a little bit of flattery is acceptable since we would all do it ...Like for example, if I have to speak to my head master about something that would help me, I would be my polite best inspite of not really agreeing with him on most issues ... But when it s a question of selling your soul to get monetary benefits,power disregarding other factors then one begins to have doubts about the persons intentions :blink:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

As long as a person is Courteous ,tactful,diplomatic also hard work , a little bit of flattery is acceptable since we would all do it ...Like for example, if I have to speak to my head master about something that would help me, I would be my polite best inspite of not really agreeing with him on most issues ... But when it s a question of selling your soul to get monetary benefits,power disregarding other factors then one begins to have doubts about the persons intentions :blink:

This is okay. One must not degrade himself and compromise with his conscience for any material benefits. Christ rightly said: How will a man be benefited if he gains the whole world but loses his own soul.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

People flatter others to get their work done. It is tactics known to many businessmen and sales personal. It really works. Sometimes we try this at home also.
I guess we all use mild flattery from time to time....at times it also gives an ego boost to children or even our maids and others..it is the intention that counts !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I guess we all use mild flattery from time to time....at times it also gives an ego boost to children or even our maids and others..it is the intention that counts !

True, a mild flattery is used by almost all of us from time to time, but when it is made the way of living by some, then it becomes a nuisance for others. Especially while working a person who is genuine and works hard and is briliiant often gets waylaid in favor of ones who are sycophants of their bosses. :( That is so unfair!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True, a mild flattery is used by almost all of us from time to time, but when it is made the way of living by some, then it becomes a nuisance for others. Especially while working a person who is genuine and works hard and is briliiant often gets waylaid in favor of ones who are sycophants of their bosses. :( That is so unfair!

True but this seems to be the life of most these days. They find their way to success even while playing boss's children, a perfect way of flattery. Some say that the way to success goes through the hours you spend buttering the boss rather working sincerely.

True but this seems to be the life of most these days. They find their way to success even while playing boss's children, a perfect way of flattery. Some say that the way to success goes through the hours you spend buttering the boss rather working sincerely.

Yes it is, but it is frustrating when you don't belong to that category! :(

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes it is, but it is frustrating when you don't belong to that category! :(

I didn't have to - 'cause I headed the department and there was no way I could replace the director. :( :(

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.