Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It's told people are cheated most in gold and jewellers are making high profit, as people are not thinking about its purity nowadays....they just look for standard marks on the piece of gold they buy.
Those jewellers under the association.....it's told, they won't buy gold of other jewellers from people in market rate. Only members of that group are giving 916 BIS....ie. There is a tag up between different jewellers about the purity and it's hidden only :evil: :evil:

Actually, it is being done to ensure quality. Even here in our town, there is a jewellary shop which has a reputation of selling expensive but quality products. The jewellars make some sort of identification mark in every jewellaries sold by them. If a customer wants to sell off the gold jewellaries back to them after sometime, they accept it only if the identification mark is present.

Hall mark is the government approved quality mark. This is set at 91.6 % in Indian markets which is about 22 caret.

yes, everyone are behind that hallmark.
In a corruption country like India, can we 100% believe that it contains 91.6% gold. After all, we are paying money for that quality gold. isn't it?

Meera sandhu
It's told people are cheated most in gold and jewellers are making high profit, as people are not thinking about its purity nowadays....they just look for standard marks on the piece of gold they buy.
Those jewellers under the association.....it's told, they won't buy gold of other jewellers from people in market rate. Only members of that group are giving 916 BIS....ie. There is a tag up between different jewellers about the purity and it's hidden only :evil: :evil:

Actually, it is being done to ensure quality. Even here in our town, there is a jewellary shop which has a reputation of selling expensive but quality products. The jewellars make some sort of identification mark in every jewellaries sold by them. If a customer wants to sell off the gold jewellaries back to them after sometime, they accept it only if the identification mark is present.

Hall mark is the government approved quality mark. This is set at 91.6 % in Indian markets which is about 22 caret.

In a corruption country like India, can we 100% believe that it contains 91.6% gold. After all, we are paying money for that quality gold. isn't it?

Only standard companies who maintain their reputation go for quality and they are market leaders on the basis of quality also the return value is assured once the hall mark is stamped. no one can deny its purity.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Only standard companies who maintain their reputation go for quality and they are market leaders on the basis of quality also the return value is assured once the hall mark is stamped. no one can deny its purity.

let us believe so :dry: :dry: :dry: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :evil: :evil: :whistle: :whistle:

Meera sandhu

Do you know in our place, a customer can ask to test the purity of gold ornaments before buying!! In this case, the seller/ goldsmith would heat a portion of the ornament in front of the customer. Though I don't know much detail, it seems that if it blackens or changes color on heating than the gold is of low quality/ less pure..

let us believe so :dry: :dry: :dry: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :evil: :evil: :whistle: :whistle:

Your choice but they are bound to buy back it at 91.6 rate.

My most ornaments were purchased before this 91.6 hallmark came. So, after years, it may get low resale value

Meera sandhu
My most ornaments were purchased before this 91.6 hallmark came. So, after years, it may get low resale value

Every ornament has a manufacturers seal in small print. If you look carefully you can find it and if you have a receipt of your ornaments they cannot refuse to buy them back according to sale prices that indicates the of gold amount in your ornaments.

Every ornament has a manufacturers seal in small print. If you look carefully you can find it and if you have a receipt of your ornaments they cannot refuse to buy them back according to sale prices that indicates the of gold amount in your ornaments.

But now everyone is complaining....they are not getting reasonable price for ornaments without that 916 mark :evil: :evil:

I will change them only for my daughter's marriage, not before that :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu

But now everyone is complaining....they are not getting reasonable price for ornaments without that 916 mark :evil: :evil:

I will change them only for my daughter's marriage, not before that :woohoo: :woohoo:

Then you should have no problem whatsoever. But in our case we do not give mothers ornaments to daughters but daughters in law.

It has become necessary to buy hall mark gold.These are of pure gold.And when we will sell it we will get the present market value.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.