Staying away from home town as a part of job has both advantages and disadvantages. Advantage is that you never get time or opportunity to interfere in the problems or privacy of your relatives or neighbours. You are getting more privacy in your life. Also, you get royal treatment whenever you return home. But the disadvantage is, in a strange city you have to live among a group of strangers, no get-togethers and hence often feel lonely. Yet, let me ask you...Which life do you prefer.....working/staying in home town or in another place?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sandhya i won't like to stay away from my home town for a job that's the reason I have on the same job since last 6~7 years though I got lots of good offers but only thing was they were all away from my home town that's why I never accepted them.I know one has to leave his/her love for home if he/she wants to grow professionaly but that's our choice what we prefer job or family. :blink:
I remember the first time I had to go out of my home for four years I cried and shed almost buckets of tears. But later the city I moved to gave me friends that made my stay wonderful and lively. :cheer: By the end of three years I found that I loved being outside more than at home because I enjoyed the privacy and freedom I had.

Live in the present :)
I remember the first time I had to go out of my home for four years I cried and shed almost buckets of tears. But later the city I moved to gave me friends that made my stay wonderful and lively. :cheer: By the end of three years I found that I loved being outside more than at home because I enjoyed the privacy and freedom I had.

Even I stayed away from home for almost 10 years , 4 years for studies and rest 6 years for a job. No doubt I also enjoyed that phase a lot but not now when i have my own family ad when my parents have grown old and need support from me. :blink:
Sandhya i won't like to stay away from my home town for a job that's the reason I have on the same job since last 6~7 years though I got lots of good offers but only thing was they were all away from my home town that's why I never accepted them.I know one has to leave his/her love for home if he/she wants to grow professionaly but that's our choice what we prefer job or family. :blink:

You can take your family also, the same way we are doing....
We are shifting from one place to another from NOvember 1st 2007, 7-8 months after our marriage as shifting is a part of everyone's job.

Meera sandhu

Even I stayed away from home for almost 10 years , 4 years for studies and rest 6 years for a job. No doubt I also enjoyed that phase a lot but not now when i have my own family ad when my parents have grown old and need support from me. :blink:

That's the problem...even if we invite our parents to stay with us, they prefer to stay in their home town, though they are ready to stay away from their children

Meera sandhu

That's the problem...even if we invite our parents to stay with us, they prefer to stay in their home town, though they are ready to stay away from their children

My father would never like to leave hometown because of many reasons and main reason being a retired government employee may be he won't be able to get benefits of mediclaims which he is getting at present.Second reason because of the property we have 4 shops nearby home which we have given on rent so that will be a problem if we shift somewhere else leaving these.Many more reasons like my younger brothers are also doing jobs in Delhi,elder brother has his own bussiness here so he won't go along with me when he has to see his all kids. :blink:
since 1983, I am at my home town. Before that, I served at various places in government service. I had no difficulty anywhere. I felt homely at every station. In fact, people in the entire country are alike. If you are not home sick, it matters little where you work.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

since 1983, I am at my home town. Before that, I served at various places in government service. I had no difficulty anywhere. I felt homely at every station. In fact, people in the entire country are alike. If you are not home sick, it matters little where you work.

yet can you tell me, which one you like most?

Meera sandhu
The best thing about working/studying outside your hometown is that we get a good opportunity to learn something about that place- the culture, the people, cuisine etc. So, I have always tried to enjoy myself wherever I go.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
The best thing about working/studying outside your hometown is that we get a good opportunity to learn something about that place- the culture, the people, cuisine etc. So, I have always tried to enjoy myself wherever I go.

Really a nice answer Jabeen
You have really quoted something different from others :)

In my case, before marriage I have never travelled much.
But after marriage, 5 shifts already. Yes, I studied a lot of new things and mingled with a lot of new people as I shifted from one place to other.
From Southern Kerala, reached middle Kerala. Now only Northern Kerala left

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.