Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think complete ban is not good idea as mobile phone is mostly for emergency calls too. The purpose of using mobile phone is complete meaningless if they are been banned for using in office hours... Employers should allow it but if they think its diverting the employees or disturbing their work they can ask employee to put it in vibration mode so that no other employee than the recipient will be disturbed.

Vibration mood is good suggestion. Also employees may talk when necessary at low volume.

In many offices, they do put in silent mode.
My hubby, after 6 pm usually put his mobile in silent mode so that he can work freely. I often become angry not to take urgent calls, particularly when he works so late, even after 10pm :evil: .
When his phone rings and he doesn't attend, at late hours, I feel tension

If he usually returns after 10 P.M., it is unnecessary to ring. A call is justified only in exceptional circumstances. when you are already aware of facts, no need to contact. For example, some one is going somewhere by train. The train will definitely or in most cases reach the destination. so what is the use of asking about the train reaching the destination.

Yes, I become angry only if he works too late, without attending the mobile.
Some days before, I didn't talk for 1 day for this reason. :laugh: :laugh:

This is not a good habit one should inform at home if he stays at work place to work late evening if he is not allowed to pick or picking phone not to get his work effected. :blink:
I think complete ban is not good idea as mobile phone is mostly for emergency calls too. The purpose of using mobile phone is complete meaningless if they are been banned for using in office hours... Employers should allow it but if they think its diverting the employees or disturbing their work they can ask employee to put it in vibration mode so that no other employee than the recipient will be disturbed.

Vibration mood is good suggestion. Also employees may talk when necessary at low volume.

My hubby, after 6 pm usually put his mobile in silent mode so that he can work freely. I often become angry not to take urgent calls, particularly when he works so late, even after 10pm :evil: .

If he usually returns after 10 P.M., it is unnecessary to ring. A call is justified only in exceptional circumstances. when you are already aware of facts, no need to contact. For example, some one is going somewhere by train. The train will definitely or in most cases reach the destination. so what is the use of asking about the train reaching the destination.

This is not a good habit one should inform at home if he stays at work place to work late evening if he is not allowed to pick or picking phone not to get his work effected. :blink:

In general most of the offices allow mobile but people dont use it properly that's the main reason for taking this extreme step. I think government employees mostly avoid working..

What's the reason @Sandhya.. is he often forgot to call just like me or is that he fears telling you.... :evil:

In general most of the offices allow mobile but people dont use it properly that's the main reason for taking this extreme step. I think government employees mostly avoid working..

What's the reason @Sandhya.. is he often forgot to call just like me or is that he fears telling you.... :evil:

May be he fears telling her.Even i too don't call my wife sometimes that I will get late because I know that she will start on the phone itself the lecture she normally gives when I reach home late from office. :lol:

Not always....just sometimes, only a few occasions ....due to work pressure, he stay at office after 10 also, putting mobile in silent mode. Perhaps a sudden call from his boss or a wrong report may be the reason for sudden pressure. Not only me, he forget everything. :laugh: :laugh: Later say sorry....he even forget that his phone was in silent mode :silly:
Most times, I call at his office phone to scold him :cheer: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
It is good that mobiles are prohibited during working hours in offices. However in case of any urgency, person badly need to response his calls. Moreover family members and friends should learn to call only in need. If employee is continuously busy in chatting, he won't work. Work is more important as it gives him salary.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, Sandhya Rani
It is good that mobiles are prohibited during working hours in offices. However in case of any urgency, person badly need to response his calls. Moreover family members and friends should learn to call only in need. If employee is continuously busy in chatting, he won't work. Work is more important as it gives him salary.

Yes, it's the responsibility of his family and friends also to postpone their 'chat' talks to free hours if it's possible.

Meera sandhu
If people follow the proper etiquette of using a mobile phone, then I don't think that banning its use during office hour will be necessary. Steps like this are usually taken only when such distractions prevents the people from working efficiently.
If people follow the proper etiquette of using a mobile phone, then I don't think that banning its use during office hour will be necessary. Steps like this are usually taken only when such distractions prevents the people from working efficiently.

I would go with that, one cannot control adults and ask them to leave at the front desk like they do in schools and colleges.People should act responsibly and follow the rules and also know their priorities ...I see people get up and leave their jobs when they get a call and the customers wait endlessly..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In my office I usually don't use the mobile phones. Some of my colleques using the mobile phone. Prohibition is good during working hours.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
In one way prohibting the phones during office hours is correct only because it is one disturbance. But at the same time it should be if we need to urgent means its useful.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.