Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I would choose the best, no matter what the fees is.I would choose as per the present condition and not for the past reputation.

I too feel the same. One should not ride on the pas reputation as it is not always going to come true for the future generations too. I will research the school a bit before I admit my kid to such a school. After all, it is fine in a democratic country like India.
If there are options before you - a well-known school of international reputation, but parents prefer this school only because of its past reputation and the school is losing the academic spark or a newly established school but it doesn't have the same aura as the previous school, which one would you prefer for your kids?

I would definitely go for the first one since it has already been tested and is bound to be better than the one that has just started.I know for a fact that a school has to establish itself and the staff and the management learn quite a lot before they get all their acts together, so new school needs time to gain a reputation !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I will admit my kids in the school where teaching quality is good. Students will become smart and clever, well behaved and well mannered.

Yes, that's rightly pointed out, Devyani. Kids need to be well mannered and well behaved. They first need to be taught that elders should be respected. They should be able to present themselves well in the society
If there are options before you - a well-known school of international reputation, but parents prefer this school only because of its past reputation and the school is losing the academic spark or a newly established school but it doesn't have the same aura as the previous school, which one would you prefer for your kids?

I would definitely go for the first one since it has already been tested and is bound to be better than the one that has just started.I know for a fact that a school has to establish itself and the staff and the management learn quite a lot before they get all their acts together, so new school needs time to gain a reputation !

Yes. But new schools can deliver the goods to gain. Though it takes time for gaining reputation, we also need to look into the services. If the education level is high, it should not make any difference if the school is new.

Yes. But new schools can deliver the goods to gain. Though it takes time for gaining reputation, we also need to look into the services. If the education level is high, it should not make any difference if the school is new.

Not necessarily and definitely not in our country where a school is put together in the last minute in a hurry without the proper infra structure in place and very average faculty since most trained and experienced teachers dont want to work in new schools, so it needs time before it comes up to a certain standard !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Not necessarily and definitely not in our country where a school is put together in the last minute in a hurry without the proper infra structure in place and very average faculty since most trained and experienced teachers dont want to work in new schools, so it needs time before it comes up to a certain standard !

I guess, you have a valid point there. Experienced teachers might not prefer working in new schools. However, retired professors and quality teachers are preferred in new schools due to their experience.

I guess, you have a valid point there. Experienced teachers might not prefer working in new schools. However, retired professors and quality teachers are preferred in new schools due to their experience.

Being in the close proximity some of the schools (A copy writer) parrot the spicy and juicy COPY coined by me. Most of the owners are illiterates. Education is a business for them. I know none of their tall claims are true. They throw the bait to the parents. And most of the parents as expected bite the bait. The unsuspected parents will be in the illusion that their children are studying in Oxford
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.