Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We are all born free but everywhere we are in chains- chains of family, society, law, customs, inhibitions. We cannot do all we would love to.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Arun Jain
I am one of them who always follow my heart (Do not say - I am only of my kind)
Perhaps that is one of the reasons, I am not popular person. I follow my heart and act accordingly.

Lol, I just lost a 800 words reply due to internet failure.

Anyways, will try to sum it up.

Like I said in my previous post, it is not possible at all. Consider the following scenario:

You are at a party and your friends ask you to smoke. They want you also to be the part of the group and try for the first time. Your heart says, one cigarette is no biggie, lets try. But you know it is bad and your parents have forbidden you to smoke. WIll you still smoke (I know many will, but there are also few who won't)

Now consider this. Your heart tells you, lets go to disco tonight. You are all set. As soon as you leave, your parents call you that you have to go to station to receive guests. Would you still go to the disco.

Suppose you always wanted to write a book. And you did write it. Now your heart tells you, lets try to get it published. Most authgors would not heed to this call from heart for fear of rejection. And some authors would stop trying after few rejections. Remember, your heart told you to keep trying.

Also, "I always follow my heart" is a myth. We live in a society and as such we always have to act within reason.

One more myth is that our heart is always right. If that were true, we would not be needing guidance or advice then would we?

Follow your heart is a poetic sentence and it's true meaning translate to "Act on the knowledge you have/receive"

Basically it tells you to remove self doubt. If you have the knowledge and skill to be a writer, follow your heart would mean to act on the knowledge you have till you are successful.
The reason (excuse) for not following the heart is the brains working behind. There are times when the decision taken by the brain is more practical and necessary than following the heart. We cannot say that it can be laziness every time. :whistle:

Lol, laziness was my reason of not getting things done sometimes (Do note that I am an experimentalist and do try a lot of new things but with I know at my productivity level I could try more)

I am asking of your excuses.
Thank God, we lost that 800 word article :P :ohmy: :laugh: :laugh: :blink: :woohoo: :silly: :silly:

Meera sandhu
Thank God, we lost that 800 word article :P :ohmy: :laugh: :laugh: :blink: :woohoo: :silly: :silly:

Considering the replies here, I think my next reply would be around 1600 words ;)

Considering the replies here, I think my next reply would be around 1600 words ;)

then submit as an article with title, "Always follow your heart". As it's Valentine time, it's sure it will get a lot of clicks :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
sometimes I do not follow my heart, because since childhood my mind is trained so.
sometimes I do not follow my heart, because since childhood my mind is trained so.

what's that special training? :silly:

Meera sandhu
Perhaps that is one of the reasons, I am not popular person. I follow my heart and act accordingly.

Like I said in my previous post, it is not possible at all. Consider the following scenario:

You are at a party and your friends ask you to smoke. They want you also to be the part of the group and try for the first time. Your heart says, one cigarette is no biggie, lets try. But you know it is bad and your parents have forbidden you to smoke. WIll you still smoke (I know many will, but there are also few who won't)

Now consider this. Your heart tells you, lets go to disco tonight. You are all set. As soon as you leave, your parents call you that you have to go to station to receive guests. Would you still go to the disco.

Suppose you always wanted to write a book. And you did write it. Now your heart tells you, lets try to get it published. Most authgors would not heed to this call from heart for fear of rejection. And some authors would stop trying after few rejections. Remember, your heart told you to keep trying.

Also, "I always follow my heart" is a myth. We live in a society and as such we always have to act within reason.

One more myth is that our heart is always right. If that were true, we would not be needing guidance or advice then would we?

Follow your heart is a poetic sentence and it's true meaning translate to "Act on the knowledge you have/receive"

Basically it tells you to remove self doubt. If you have the knowledge and skill to be a writer, follow your heart would mean to act on the knowledge you have till you are successful.

Whether it's a poetic sentence or prose sentence, what all i know is:My heart never misguided me. If at all any instances of failures are there they are due to not heeding my heart.
By the bye, I'm pleased to say that all the above instances i too encountered in my life at some time or other and I strictly followed the diktats of my heart.
My observation is, the process of following the heart is not for weak hearted.

I wish you knew me better than you do. I would not- I repeat I would not do any thing unless my heart permits me- come what may

For me follow your heart stands for - do what you think is best for you and your loved ones..

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.