Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
let me ask a simple doubt. I see a person's name suddenly in the leader board list with good points. Some days before, admin told, we can post our quotes only. If so, I can't believe those points earned by that user are purely based on his quotes only.

If I understood your 'own quote' mean that some thing you said by yourself is not true, that is only one of the features that you can quote your own thoughts too. You can quote other big people from different fields provided you give the names etc as desired.

so, can we add quote of others, quoting their names?

Another doubt....if a person submits same quote repeatedly is it possible to trace it? Error message like, "Duplicate"

Sure that will be deleted when traced or reported.

But needs to be reported, right? :( :(
Otherwise it won't be caught.
Also, if we are able to quote quotes of personalities, we can simply copy-paste from other sites and earn easy points. Right?
Copy-paste gives no effort, also no one can complaint to modify it according to our means :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: after all they are quoted by great persons ;)

It's only one point for copy- paste- key words and adding celebrity, who has that much time?

It's better to write worthwhile comments and get 3 points.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Frankly speaking quotes section has grown too big to handle all contributions, imagine moderating 16K quotes and their comments. We will work on some way to make it more productive.

Thanks for reporting and thanks Kalyani for deleting spam posts.

Maverick, I have a suggestion to remove the comments from the quotes section. As it is there already are points for submitting quotes and considering the kind of comments that are seen on many quotes, I seriously question whether any comment is needed at all. Most people just repeat the quotes in comments in their own words :blink: So I think this feature should be taken off. Comments to articles are welcome because apart from some spam that is expected, there are some really good suggestions and opinions on articles.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Agree with you Kalyani. I have been working for a similar setup. Probably moderate every comment before publishing will do the job.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta, Kalyani Nandurkar
Agree with you Kalyani. I have been working for a similar setup. Probably moderate every comment before publishing will do the job.

Yes Maverick that would be better as these days even I too find it easier to earn points from writting comments on the quotes. People are misusing it. I think the system to start writting comments on the articles should be started soon. :)

Even I agree points on commenting on quote section should be withdrawn as one cannot track comments if someone does that on very old quote unless there is some check before publishing comment on the site. Also there should some minimum characters fixed like here in the forum section if presently not there. :)

Yes Maverick that would be better as these days even I too find it easier to earn points from writting comments on the quotes. People are misusing it. I think the system to start writting comments on the articles should be started soon. :)

Even I agree points on commenting on quote section should be withdrawn as one cannot track comments if someone does that on very old quote unless there is some check before publishing comment on the site. Also there should some minimum characters fixed like here in the forum section if presently not there. :)

I think the criteria of having a minimum of 50 characters to earn points from the forum posting is no longer applicable. I noticed it when replying in the thread of forming new words by adding a letter. I noticed that I earn 3 points even if i reply with only one word.

I think the criteria of having a minimum of 50 characters to earn points from the forum posting is no longer applicable. I noticed it when replying in the thread of forming new words by adding a letter. I noticed that I earn 3 points even if i reply with only one word.

That is because you might be using the quote option which already has several characters in it! If you just post a fresh reply with just one word, you would not get any points!

That is because you might be using the quote option which already has several characters in it! If you just post a fresh reply with just one word, you would not get any points!

This is strange then. There should be a check as the content in the quote should not be considered while responding in the forum section. :blink:

This is strange then. There should be a check as the content in the quote should not be considered while responding in the forum section. :blink:

I don't think that would be possible technically!

I am afraid that still that particular user is spamming the quote section I have given few more links to Kalyani but I think its not possible for me too to send links every time. There should something to do to deal with him. :evil:
I am afraid that still that particular user is spamming the quote section I have given few more links to Kalyani but I think its not possible for me too to send links every time. There should something to do to deal with him. :evil:

A little more patience Sanjeev and it will taken care of soon. After all we have to give a fair chance to everyone to get their act straight! :evil:

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.