Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think I would prefer to go as far as 30-40 years back, it was fine even then and the best part is I was still in this world. Traffic was within reasonable limit, no disturbing gadgets and Mother Nature still smiled all around us with all its care. Cheers.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Yes same here, each time I watch one of the those old black and white films I feel so nostalgic for an era that we never got a chance to experience, only hear about it from our elders.My grand mother talks about rice for 3 paise a kilo and the abundance of local fruits and vegetables and so on....I am sure the towns and villages were much cleaner those days while compared to all the filthy cities we have now...

3 Pc/kg rice? Oh my God.

Yes I remember in one old film where Shashi Kapoor asks her wife that they would go for vacations in Switzerland as he has got an increament in his salary and now he will get 3000 Rs/month. Imagine a person earning 3K/month thinks of going to Switzerland.
:woohoo:

Those days one rupee has so much value. But nowadays it has turned out to be cheap.

Absolutely! These days when we go for shopping minimum we require 500 Rs if we don't buy anything special too. :evil:
Yes absolutely rupees value has reduced now. I remember my father had salary just 300 Rs/month way back in 1960s and now he is getting pension of around 25k/month. :blink:

These days it is never possible to live with 300 rs. Inflation rate is such high.

Nowadays rs. 300 is not enough even for a single day, expenses such as groceries, vegetables and travel expenses far exceed that amount!

True !! May be 300 rs/day will suffice for a single person.
I don't see no one is talking about increased needs which have made life so costly. Fact is we are more responsible for inflation. We have increased our needs to an unnecessary limit. We want to purchase things out of our limits and doing so we are toiling hard and getting frustrated.

I don't see no one is talking about increased needs which have made life so costly. Fact is we are more responsible for inflation. We have increased our needs to an unnecessary limit. We want to purchase things out of our limits and doing so we are toiling hard and getting frustrated.

Hats of to banks who are ready to pay loans for people and the credit cards.

BTW i don't prefer to buy things which I feel I won't be able to maintain or don't require that's the reason I never use credit cards. Its like an adiiction in my opinion. :blink:

There is a social significance of increased needs. Increased need means more production and supply consequently more employment.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There is a social significance of increased needs. Increased need means more production and supply consequently more employment.

In that case going back to 100 years would be like going toward 'backwardness' in place of going back. I think if we spend as per our capacity would make us happy but trying for some thing beyond our reach would either force us to corrupt means or frustration. I agree more shopping means more production but we pay a very high cost for it. Example- recession in industrial sector of big countries like US and Europe.

I was wondering how it would be, if we got transported back a hundred years , with hardly any pollution of any kind and life so much more simpler. ..however, there are some pros and cons to the issue, please share your own views ...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10518]}

I won't! Every age, every century has its share of negatives or what I call angst and it is sheer escapism to fight problems we are immediately confronted with! Life was no better or worse than the one we have right now! It is our ability to survive all odds that is the issue!

Of course, even if we want we cannot hope to go back in time, and I agree with you that life did have its own drawbacks then since people and their mind set wold be the same .....

I am firmly convinced that all we love to harbor nostalgic feelings about times we lived through and at times even grow romantic about them overlooking the seamier aspects of them but pragmatism teaches us to accept life as it is! Just think of life as it used to be some 150 years back - a simple disease as cholera was responsible for wiping out populations of a number of villages within a month!!!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Given a choice I would definitely like to go back 100 years from now, I think the life was much simpler, not talking about physical hardships, but there were a lot less complications than now, less pollution, more natural abundance etc. So even if I may not want to live long in that era but would want to go back at least for some time and experience life that was then!

Yes same here, each time I watch one of the those old black and white films I feel so nostalgic for an era that we never got a chance to experience, only hear about it from our elders.My grand mother talks about rice for 3 paise a kilo and the abundance of local fruits and vegetables and so on....I am sure the towns and villages were much cleaner those days while compared to all the filthy cities we have now...

3 Pc/kg rice? Oh my God.

Yes I remember in one old film where Shashi Kapoor asks her wife that they would go for vacations in Switzerland as he has got an increament in his salary and now he will get 3000 Rs/month. Imagine a person earning 3K/month thinks of going to Switzerland.

There's nothing to imagine Sanjeev. Those were the days when 3000/- was like 50,000/-. So, I guess, the overall balance is the same. Days passed and the value of the rupee decreased.

It is a catch22 situation...you want progress your needs go up and we have to be prepared for all the other things as well, most of which are going to have a negative impact on our lives ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

In that case going back to 100 years would be like going toward 'backwardness' in place of going back. I think if we spend as per our capacity would make us happy but trying for some thing beyond our reach would either force us to corrupt means or frustration. I agree more shopping means more production but we pay a very high cost for it. Example- recession in industrial sector of big countries like US and Europe.

We should take life like a game. We must aim high but not play foul. There is nothing wrong in attempting to earn more. This way, you also make more opportunities for others. But you must not play foul. Go by rules.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.