Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I will never go 100 years back. Presently we are much advanced and have got habituated with latest gadgets and machines. We cannot live without such facilities and infrastructure. Government has improved a lot in financial infrastructure, trade and commerce, agriculture, architecture, science, etc. We cannot live without it.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I want to check, the amount of truth in the oft heard talk of my elders, " Oh, those grand olden days....... " with a glint in their eyes. At least for this reason i wish to go back to 100 years.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I will never go 100 years back. Presently we are much advanced and have got habituated with latest gadgets and machines. We cannot live without such facilities and infrastructure. Government has improved a lot in financial infrastructure, trade and commerce, agriculture, architecture, science, etc. We cannot live without it.

We are used to the current environment. That is the reason why you say this. People of the future generation (around 2050) if asked they would say they cannot live in 2015.
I would definitely wish it to go 100 years back as I am very much tired of the fast life I have to live to survive. I know there were less technology 100 years back but that's Ok I would survive without them. :)

Most people would say, they would like to live in this modernized world for they cannot live without this advanced technologies.

It all depends on person to person I know there would be few people who would like to go back. :blink:
Given a choice I would definitely like to go back 100 years from now, I think the life was much simpler, not talking about physical hardships, but there were a lot less complications than now, less pollution, more natural abundance etc. So even if I may not want to live long in that era but would want to go back at least for some time and experience life that was then!

Yes same here, each time I watch one of the those old black and white films I feel so nostalgic for an era that we never got a chance to experience, only hear about it from our elders.My grand mother talks about rice for 3 paise a kilo and the abundance of local fruits and vegetables and so on....I am sure the towns and villages were much cleaner those days while compared to all the filthy cities we have now...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Given a choice I would definitely like to go back 100 years from now, I think the life was much simpler, not talking about physical hardships, but there were a lot less complications than now, less pollution, more natural abundance etc. So even if I may not want to live long in that era but would want to go back at least for some time and experience life that was then!

Yes same here, each time I watch one of the those old black and white films I feel so nostalgic for an era that we never got a chance to experience, only hear about it from our elders.My grand mother talks about rice for 3 paise a kilo and the abundance of local fruits and vegetables and so on....I am sure the towns and villages were much cleaner those days while compared to all the filthy cities we have now...

3 Pc/kg rice? Oh my God.

Yes I remember in one old film where Shashi Kapoor asks her wife that they would go for vacations in Switzerland as he has got an increament in his salary and now he will get 3000 Rs/month. Imagine a person earning 3K/month thinks of going to Switzerland.

:woohoo:

3 Pc/kg rice? Oh my God.

Yes I remember in one old film where Shashi Kapoor asks her wife that they would go for vacations in Switzerland as he has got an increament in his salary and now he will get 3000 Rs/month. Imagine a person earning 3K/month thinks of going to Switzerland.

Those days one rupee has so much value. But nowadays it has turned out to be cheap.

3 Pc/kg rice? Oh my God.

Those days one rupee has so much value. But nowadays it has turned out to be cheap.

Yes absolutely rupees value has reduced now. I remember my father had salary just 300 Rs/month way back in 1960s and now he is getting pension of around 25k/month. :blink:

3 Pc/kg rice? Oh my God.

My grand mother who was a teacher retired on a salary of Rs 350 in 1968 and the last pension she drew before her death in 2011 was Rs 8,000 +, just goes to show how high the inflation is now...She used to say that her salary was more than enough to take care of all the needs and also gave room for some saving...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

3 Pc/kg rice? Oh my God.

My grand mother who was a teacher retired on a salary of Rs 350 in 1968 and the last pension she drew before her death in 2011 was Rs 8,000 +, just goes to show how high the inflation is now...She used to say that her salary was more than enough to take care of all the needs and also gave room for some saving...

Those are the changing times. My father too started with a salary of just Rs. 75 in around 1966 and when he retired, the figure had reached a five-figure mark.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.