Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Given a choice I would definitely like to go back 100 years from now, I think the life was much simpler, not talking about physical hardships, but there were a lot less complications than now, less pollution, more natural abundance etc. So even if I may not want to live long in that era but would want to go back at least for some time and experience life that was then!

Yes same here, each time I watch one of the those old black and white films I feel so nostalgic for an era that we never got a chance to experience, only hear about it from our elders.My grand mother talks about rice for 3 paise a kilo and the abundance of local fruits and vegetables and so on....I am sure the towns and villages were much cleaner those days while compared to all the filthy cities we have now...

That is exactly why I would want to go back, cleaner and less crowded places with plenty of greenery everywhere. When my mother got married in 1972 and immediately accompanied my father to Assam at the border station of his posting, I remember her telling us that she managed house for a whole month on mere rs. 100 or so!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes same here, each time I watch one of the those old black and white films I feel so nostalgic for an era that we never got a chance to experience, only hear about it from our elders.My grand mother talks about rice for 3 paise a kilo and the abundance of local fruits and vegetables and so on....I am sure the towns and villages were much cleaner those days while compared to all the filthy cities we have now...

3 Pc/kg rice? Oh my God.

Yes I remember in one old film where Shashi Kapoor asks her wife that they would go for vacations in Switzerland as he has got an increament in his salary and now he will get 3000 Rs/month. Imagine a person earning 3K/month thinks of going to Switzerland.
:woohoo:

Those days one rupee has so much value. But nowadays it has turned out to be cheap.

Yes absolutely rupees value has reduced now. I remember my father had salary just 300 Rs/month way back in 1960s and now he is getting pension of around 25k/month. :blink:

These days it is never possible to live with 300 rs. Inflation rate is such high.
I was wondering how it would be, if we got transported back a hundred years , with hardly any pollution of any kind and life so much more simpler. ..however, there are some pros and cons to the issue, please share your own views ...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10518]}

I won't! Every age, every century has its share of negatives or what I call angst and it is sheer escapism to fight problems we are immediately confronted with! Life was no better or worse than the one we have right now! It is our ability to survive all odds that is the issue!
Thank you said by: usha manohar

3 Pc/kg rice? Oh my God.

Yes I remember in one old film where Shashi Kapoor asks her wife that they would go for vacations in Switzerland as he has got an increament in his salary and now he will get 3000 Rs/month. Imagine a person earning 3K/month thinks of going to Switzerland.

Those days one rupee has so much value. But nowadays it has turned out to be cheap.

Yes absolutely rupees value has reduced now. I remember my father had salary just 300 Rs/month way back in 1960s and now he is getting pension of around 25k/month. :blink:

These days it is never possible to live with 300 rs. Inflation rate is such high.

Nowadays rs. 300 is not enough even for a single day, expenses such as groceries, vegetables and travel expenses far exceed that amount!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

3 Pc/kg rice? Oh my God.

Nowadays rs. 300 is not enough even for a single day, expenses such as groceries, vegetables and travel expenses far exceed that amount!

True !! May be 300 rs/day will suffice for a single person.
I am happy living in the present world. No doubt it is more polluted as compared to 100 years ago but it is more advanced. Apart from the development in technology, what I like about the present days is that people are more broadminded and less superstitious than our forefathers.
I was wondering how it would be, if we got transported back a hundred years , with hardly any pollution of any kind and life so much more simpler. ..however, there are some pros and cons to the issue, please share your own views ...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10518]}

I won't! Every age, every century has its share of negatives or what I call angst and it is sheer escapism to fight problems we are immediately confronted with! Life was no better or worse than the one we have right now! It is our ability to survive all odds that is the issue!

Of course, even if we want we cannot hope to go back in time, and I agree with you that life did have its own drawbacks then since people and their mind set wold be the same .....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am happy living in the present world. No doubt it is more polluted as compared to 100 years ago but it is more advanced. Apart from the development in technology, what I like about the present days is that people are more broadminded and less superstitious than our forefathers.

The word Advanced is a relative word. Not an absolute word. Yesterday's technological marvel becomes obsolete today. Your lifestyle of today will be outdated in no time. Every stage of life has its own charm. Every age has its own drawbacks.
One hundred years ago, I would be physically stronger, have more leisure, walk more, gossip more and would be free from modern gadgets like cell phone, internet etc. I would read books more.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

One hundred years ago, I would be physically stronger, have more leisure, walk more, gossip more and would be free from modern gadgets like cell phone, internet etc. I would read books more.

I could make a mental picture out of your description.
"All tranquility. Everywhere serenity."
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.