Hi friends I am going for river rafting this Saturday in Rishikesh. :laugh: Anyone who has done this please share experience as I am scared to do it as I don't know swimming and I have heard few incident recently that a person drowned while doing it in Rishikesh. :blink: :blink:
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hi friends I am going for river rafting this Saturday in Rishikesh. :laugh: Anyone who has done this please share experience as I am scared to do it as I don't know swimming and I have heard few incident recently that a person drowned while doing it in Rishikesh. :blink: :blink:

Two years back We had done river rafting on Kali river at Dandeli. I had gone with my family and it was absolutely a great experience.You are provided with life jacket and secure belts and there are instructors who know how to handle adverse situations.More importantly they take you only on those stretches which have been tested and we had other boats too along with ours...My children went again and again , even on the rough stretches and they really enjoyed it...all the best, enjoy your rafting without any fear ..

http://www.indianadventures.com/whitewater.htm

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta, Kalyani Nandurkar
I guess, you learn swimming so that it could be of help, though there could be arrangements for your security. Swimming has proved to be a life-saving art.
Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta
I guess, you learn swimming so that it could be of help, though there could be arrangements for your security. Swimming has proved to be a life-saving art.

I will learn swimming :blink: but not now as I have to go on this saturday and I won't be able to learn it in 2 days. :laugh:

Two years back We had done river rafting on Kali river at Dandeli. I had gone with my family and it was absolutely a great experience.You are provided with life jacket and secure belts and there are instructors who know how to handle adverse situations.More importantly they take you only on those stretches which have been tested and we had other boats too along with ours...My children went again and again , even on the rough stretches and they really enjoyed it...all the best, enjoy your rafting without any fear ..

http://www.indianadventures.com/whitewater.htm

Oh these pics are scary. :blink:

But I feel I too will enjoy it. :)

Since you would not be doing it on your own but under trained swimmers and experts besides tied with lots of tubes etc so nothing to worry much but be ready to drink lot of water every time you either thrown into water while boat overturns or a tide takes over.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Since you would not be doing it on your own but under trained swimmers and experts besides tied with lots of tubes etc so nothing to worry much but be ready to drink lot of water every time you either thrown into water while boat overturns or a tide takes over.

I am ready for it I know most of the time the boat will remain under water. :)

I think Suny you have done it in Rishikesk. :blink:

Sure, I was staying very near to Rishikesh while I had a small apartment on Haridwar-Rishikesh Road. I love water sports and white river rafting is one of them. It sure is a scary experience in such fast flow of water but that is why it's called white river rafting.

Sure, I was staying very near to Rishikesh while I had a small apartment on Haridwar-Rishikesh Road. I love water sports and white river rafting is one of them. It sure is a scary experience in such fast flow of water but that is why it's called white river rafting.

But presently the water flow may not be fast it may be in rainy season.

I have not done it and I am keen to feel the experience. What about Bunjee jumping I have heard there is spot in Rishikesh where people can do this also. Do you know about it?.

I have not done it and I am keen to feel the experience. What about Bunjee jumping I have heard there is spot in Rishikesh where people can do this also. Do you know about it?.

Water flow in Rishikesh is always very fast as Ganga touches ground completing its hilly journey at this point. BTW white river rafting is not possible if water has no fast flow. They do not row their boats but try to control only by ores.

Water flow in Rishikesh is always very fast as Ganga touches ground completing its hilly journey at this point. BTW white river rafting is not possible if water has no fast flow. They do not row their boats but try to control only by ores.

I did not say that there won't be any flow of course rafting needs high flow but what I said the flow may be lesser than what it is in rainy season.

Bunjee Jumping?.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.