Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is way of thinking that leads to constant worries. People think the same matter again and again without reaching a conclusion. They also have imaginary fears. Also if you are inactive, all sorts of thoughts occupy your brain without any purpose.

Imaginary fears are the prime reason. But when these fears are there, one doesn not know that they imaginary fears or not. So, people just keep worrying on and on.
It is way of thinking that leads to constant worries. People think the same matter again and again without reaching a conclusion. They also have imaginary fears. Also if you are inactive, all sorts of thoughts occupy your brain without any purpose.

Imaginary fears are the prime reason. But when these fears are there, one doesn not know that they imaginary fears or not. So, people just keep worrying on and on.

Basically it is the insecurity of the future and also fear of the unknown which to a large extent is imaginary.I have a neighbor who is constantly worried that her house will be robbed after we had a incident of break in in the neighborhood.She is worried to the extent that she keeps all the doors bolted and locked and keeps tables against the front door and sleeps in the hall or rather tries to sleep...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Basically it is the insecurity of the future and also fear of the unknown which to a large extent is imaginary.I have a neighbor who is constantly worried that her house will be robbed after we had a incident of break in in the neighborhood.She is worried to the extent that she keeps all the doors bolted and locked and keeps tables against the front door and sleeps in the hall or rather tries to sleep...

Still, I don't think your neighbour can sleep. Yes, you are right it's largely due to fear about unknown.
I don't see any heredity in this. I think it is the thing how one approaches a situation. Everyone gets worried at one point of time. It can differ from person to person, but no one is except from worrying.

I have been told that heredity can have some role to play, but upbringing and environment is stronger in shaping our personality and at times can even overcome hereditary factors ...

Like depression, chronic and unnecessary worrying all the time is also a hereditary trait. But I feel that it is how one learns to process challenges is what really shapes up our personalities. eg. there may be two siblings from an extremely poor family who cannot afford to waste even a single penny on toys or candies etc, one sibling may grow up and develop an excessively stingy approach to this situation and may deny buying those things for his children even though he may now well afford them, plainly for fear of losing what he has and going back to that situation. While the other sibling may grow up to be excessively obsessed with buying things, possessing them as a reaction to a deprived childhood. So it really is what a person chooses to be, worrier or no worrier.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I don't see anything abnormal if anyone behaves in the way you have described. It is very natural for a person to be extra cautious. After all, the negative thoughts come first to me, isn't it?

Still, I don't think your neighbour can sleep. Yes, you are right it's largely due to fear about unknown.

Thats what it is, to a certain extent we were all worried for the safety of our house but it is normal that after a while you get over being over anxious while being careful, not g on worrying all the time..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Well basically it's human nature and we all know that for a fact but there are some people who go over the top in these type of things we can them patient of mental illness it can be depression,stress,anxiety and few other disorders.
Best way to stay away from these things is to be mentally relax i mean not bothering things which make us irritated or give any kinda tension.

I don't see anything abnormal if anyone behaves in the way you have described. It is very natural for a person to be extra cautious. After all, the negative thoughts come first to me, isn't it?

True there is nothing wrong in being extra cautious, one should always take all necessary precautions but keeping on worrying all the time about is not good, it is morbid nature that will only prove detrimental to your mental and in due course, physical health as well.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Worry and anxiety leads to depression when they overpower our mind . We become prey of our anxiety when we are afraid to "let go". Afraid of losing something or other , by letting go of what we cannot control is the cause of worry. Being satisfied with what we have and who we are, will eliminate the constant anxiety that takes a toll on our lives.
Worry and anxiety leads to depression when they overpower our mind . We become prey of our anxiety when we are afraid to "let go". Afraid of losing something or other , by letting go of what we cannot control is the cause of worry. Being satisfied with what we have and who we are, will eliminate the constant anxiety that takes a toll on our lives.

There is lot of truth in what you say. It is the fear of losing- status, family member or something else- that causes worry. If you just overcome fear, most of the anxiety will vanish.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.