Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It happens in other parts of our country too but I do know it is more prevalent in South. It is generally not fair to burden only the sons with it but all siblings and parents need to share the responsibility. Nowadays, times are changing and even girls are given higher education and encouraged to make a career at least until they are married off. Those cases are quite high and those girls do have their savings so it is not fair to put a burden on brothers only. Also financial condition of the son, their current and future expenses, their children's education needs etc must be considered by parents.

Nowadays girls have started making their financial contribution. For instance, in our society, during marriage most of the girls themselves arrange the things that they are going to take as dowry, such as their dress, gold ornaments, other household items etc.

That is the best way to go actually. Girls are also earning equally like the men so there is no need for them to burden their fathers and brothers for their marriage expenses. When I got married, me and my husband on mutual agreement shared all expenses equally! This way there is no displeasure in the family. Because I have seen, in many homes, this exactly is the reason for bad blood between sisters and brothers leading to estrangement and bitter quarrels later in life.

You are great, if all girls and boys begin to follow you and your hubby than girl will not a problem in India.

This system works with earning girls only because most boys in such cases calculate the overall lifelong income. They find life long earning of a working girl far better than couple of lacs spent in marriage or in form of dowry. I would be glad to see this arrangement a success if it works with non working or homely girls.

Everything works if one is willing. It’s a wrong notion that once the girl gets married, their relations with parents are cut or should cut. Many married girls after marriage, with the consent and knowledge of their hubbies, are lending their helping hand to their parents. Carrying burden is not necessarily restricted to a particular member of the family. An outsider also comes forward to carry the burden.
It happens in other parts of our country too but I do know it is more prevalent in South. It is generally not fair to burden only the sons with it but all siblings and parents need to share the responsibility. Nowadays, times are changing and even girls are given higher education and encouraged to make a career at least until they are married off. Those cases are quite high and those girls do have their savings so it is not fair to put a burden on brothers only. Also financial condition of the son, their current and future expenses, their children's education needs etc must be considered by parents.

Nowadays girls have started making their financial contribution. For instance, in our society, during marriage most of the girls themselves arrange the things that they are going to take as dowry, such as their dress, gold ornaments, other household items etc.

That is the best way to go actually. Girls are also earning equally like the men so there is no need for them to burden their fathers and brothers for their marriage expenses. When I got married, me and my husband on mutual agreement shared all expenses equally! This way there is no displeasure in the family. Because I have seen, in many homes, this exactly is the reason for bad blood between sisters and brothers leading to estrangement and bitter quarrels later in life.

You are great, if all girls and boys begin to follow you and your hubby than girl will not a problem in India.

This system works with earning girls only because most boys in such cases calculate the overall lifelong income. They find life long earning of a working girl far better than couple of lacs spent in marriage or in form of dowry. I would be glad to see this arrangement a success if it works with non working or homely girls.

Everything works if one is willing. It’s a wrong notion that once the girl gets married, their relations with parents are cut or should cut. Many married girls after marriage, with the consent and knowledge of their hubbies, are lending their helping hand to their parents. Carrying burden is not necessarily restricted to a particular member of the family. An outsider also comes forward to carry the burden.

Our law says that daughters and their children share your properties as much as your sons and their children then what is wrong if all children share responsibilities of their aging parents. After all little moral support is enough, along with financial if only such needed.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Our law says that daughters and their children share your properties as much as your sons and their children then what is wrong if all children share responsibilities of their aging parents. After all little moral support is enough, along with financial if only such needed.

When it comes to bearing the family burden, there is no difference between male and female. The law that a woman is equally entitled for paternal property is of recent origin. Many years ago, when Kushwant Singh was the editor of Illustrated weekly conducted a survey that proved that more women even after marriage stood in good stead by their parents in adverse conditions than men. At that time there was no law about the entitlement for a woman in her paternal property.

When it comes to bearing the family burden, there is no difference between male and female. The law that a woman is equally entitled for paternal property is of recent origin. Many years ago, when Kushwant Singh was the editor of Illustrated weekly conducted a survey that proved that more women even after marriage stood in good stead by their parents in adverse conditions than men. At that time there was no law about the entitlement for a woman in her paternal property.

I agree daughters (married included) provide more moral support to their parents but mere support is not enough. Parents need support from all sources wherever it comes from.

Most of these laws and customs are made by our society ...However, the responsibilities of parents are to be shared equally by the children - both sons and daughters . Property and other issues dont really matter where parents are concerned !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Most of these laws and customs are made by our society ...However, the responsibilities of parents are to be shared equally by the children - both sons and daughters . Property and other issues dont really matter where parents are concerned !

After reading views of all participaints on this topic I am feeling that most of them are all in favoure that daughter should be help and support parents if they needs.

After reading views of all participaints on this topic I am feeling that most of them are all in favoure that daughter should be help and support parents if they needs.

Why not, a daughter is as respectable a member of a family as a son so why not. Moreover in this age of one child, if daughter is willing to stand aside, what is the harm? I have a daughter my only child who wants us to live with them forever. I can even take her offer on share basis.

Why not, a daughter is as respectable a member of a family as a son so why not. Moreover in this age of one child, if daughter is willing to stand aside, what is the harm? I have a daughter my only child who wants us to live with them forever. I can even take her offer on share basis.

Its high time to scrap the thought of sex segregation for every small reason and prove that we are really an emancipated and resurgent nation.

Its high time to scrap the thought of sex segregation for every small reason and prove that we are really an emancipated and resurgent nation.

Our problem is we talk big but never set examples, we should begin applying the programs in real life to make people aware that everything is possible in our country also. You and me can follow what we believe but most of them do not go beyond a prepared lecture.

Our problem is we talk big but never set examples, we should begin applying the programs in real life to make people aware that everything is possible in our country also. You and me can follow what we believe but most of them do not go beyond a prepared lecture.

In the beginning any change will be frowned at. But you and I should not be cowed by hypocrites.
“Hum Honge Kamyab Ek din Azeez Dost.”
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.