Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I always not I favour of smaller states, though people of that region should be telling more about, as all these issues were in pause, but after announcement of Telengana as separate state hood, the demand for all the other states are now again in the limelight. It is not a good idea to create state along the lines of languages as India has many languages and this would create more problems in the future. In the history of India, Odisha was formed as the first language state in 1936.

You are absolutely right! The announcement of intention to create this state has virtually opened the floodgates of demands for new states and we already see loss of precious lives on this issue. Who should be held responsible for this?
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
The special status of Gorkha Land is already recognized as the region enjoys special status in West Bengal state. Then what is wrong in giving separate statehood to Gorkhaland? Incidentally, many states were formed on basis of language- Telugu, Tamil, Malyalam. Then what is wrong in forming a separate Gorkhaland state on basis of Nepali language?

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/telangana-decision-renews-gorkhaland-demand-mamata-hits-out-at-upa/410777-37-64.html

Telgu, Tamil are India languages and Tamil and Telgu speaking peoples are of Indian origin. On other hand Nepali is not Indian language and Nepalies are also not of Indian origin. Large number of Nepali are also living in Uttrakhand. It may be possible that after some time Nepal will claim that Gorkhaland is part of Nepal.

Quite a possibility!! Then we would have more than one 'Gorkhaland' in India!!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10780]}

We have many such lands already in our country, we have yet to name them only. If the same political scenario goes on, we shall see strange names coming up soon for newer states. "Divide and rule " is the only mantra our rulers inherited from former bosses. To top it all, all are welcome from anywhere and take their pick.

@Sunil

If I am to put it more metaphorically, are we not heading for a situation ,to extraordinary zeal of our current crop of politicians to exploit sub-regional and sub-national sentiments to achieve their very mean and narrow ends, to drive out 'Mother India' to seek refuge in another planet???

Perhaps we are heading toward era when Patel unified this country to convert it into a nation. The day is not far when we shall have districts or perhaps sub-divisions converted into states. That is more favorable to politicians.

I am rather fearing creation of states at village levels some day! About Gorkhaland, alarming intelligence reports are already in. As I apprehended earlier in vindication of that, today I find reports in the newspaper that Nepal is already active with suspicious movement of foreign funds to fund this militant movement. God knows, China might be even behind this!! So fig leaf of Gorkha valor and all that should not misguide us into backing this very dangerous movement.
I always not I favour of smaller states, though people of that region should be telling more about, as all these issues were in pause, but after announcement of Telengana as separate state hood, the demand for all the other states are now again in the limelight. It is not a good idea to create state along the lines of languages as India has many languages and this would create more problems in the future. In the history of India, Odisha was formed as the first language state in 1936.

It is right it it is not fair to make new sates on the basis of lanugages. In Rajasthan after every 100Km language is changed. But smaller states are better for administration.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Now every state is asking for a split...Here in Karnatak there is demand for a seperate Coorg or Kodava land and also Tulunadu ...similarly all other states are coming up with their own demands but Gorkha land is unacceptable given the fact that they are nepalis wanting a state within ouyr country.The same thing may happen with bangladeshis who come sttealthily and settle here and who knows who else?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now every state is asking for a split...Here in Karnatak there is demand for a seperate Coorg or Kodava land and also Tulunadu ...similarly all other states are coming up with their own demands but Gorkha land is unacceptable given the fact that they are nepalis wanting a state within ouyr country.The same thing may happen with bangladeshis who come sttealthily and settle here and who knows who else?

I have been maintaining all along that what India needs is good governance not creation of smaller states. Why we have been spending thousands of crores to hold Panchayat elections if smaller states are better options? As far as the intention of this bankrupt government in every sense of the term - moral,intellectual and financial, headed by a spineless, opportunistic person whose ultimate ultimate control lies in the hands of a person who is not accountable to Parliament, it would go to any length to exploit mass sentiments to stay in power. Today it's Telengana state, tomorrow it's Food security bill and all that!! What a common Indian like me needs is Anti-Corruption Security Bill!!!!

I have been maintaining all along that what India needs is good governance not creation of smaller states. Why we have been spending thousands of crores to hold Panchayat elections if smaller states are better options? As far as the intention of this bankrupt government in every sense of the term - moral,intellectual and financial, headed by a spineless, opportunistic person whose ultimate ultimate control lies in the hands of a person who is not accountable to Parliament, it would go to any length to exploit mass sentiments to stay in power. Today it's Telengana state, tomorrow it's Food security bill and all that!! What a common Indian like me needs is Anti-Corruption Security Bill!!!!

They have wider scope having their share out of Food Security bill but it would be entirely opposite in case of an Anti-Corruption & Security Bill, so stop dreaming. :whistle:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

They are not Nepalis. every Gurkha is not a Nepali. Gurkha is a race and not nationality. It is significant that Gorkha autonomous region is already there in West Bengal. This is itself anomalous Why should there be an autonomous are within a state. This means state within state. The more logic option is to recognize the region as separate state within Union of India. The only other autonomous region within a state is Ladakh. But that is acceptable owing to special status of Jammu & Kashmir. west Bengal does not have special status like J & K and hence there is no justification for 'Gorkha autonomous region' within West Bengal In all fairness, Gorkhaland should be an independent state in Union of India. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

They are not Nepalis. every Gurkha is not a Nepali. Gurkha is a race and not nationality. It is significant that Gorkha autonomous region is already there in West Bengal. This is itself anomalous Why should there be an autonomous are within a state. This means state within state. The more logic option is to recognize the region as separate state within Union of India. The only other autonomous region within a state is Ladakh. But that is acceptable owing to special status of Jammu & Kashmir. west Bengal does not have special status like J & K and hence there is no justification for 'Gorkha autonomous region' within West Bengal In all fairness, Gorkhaland should be an independent state in Union of India. .

Gorkha is no doubt a race belonging to Nepal, they came to India during British Raj to serve under them and stayed on...
Talking about independant Gorkhaland or statehood where will it come from if not from WB? will the people of Bengal be ready to part with it ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Gorkha is no doubt a race belonging to Nepal, they came to India during British Raj to serve under them and stayed on...
Talking about independant Gorkhaland or statehood where will it come from if not from WB? will the people of Bengal be ready to part with it ?

Gorkha populated area in North Bengal (Darjeeling and around) is already accepted as autonomous region within West Bengal. This is very funny. This means 'state within state'. Such position is only of Ladakh in J & K. But J & K has special status which is not of west Bengal. An autonomous region within west Bengal is very strange. It is logical to recognize Gorkha region as indepndent state of India (not a sub state of west Bengal).

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gorkha populated area in North Bengal (Darjeeling and around) is already accepted as autonomous region within West Bengal. This is very funny. This means 'state within state'. Such position is only of Ladakh in J & K. But J & K has special status which is not of west Bengal. An autonomous region within west Bengal is very strange. It is logical to recognize Gorkha region as indepndent state of India (not a sub state of west Bengal).

Yes, I agree this is very funny. Our government should not sucumb to unjust demands for political gains. Later we have to pay through our noses in such cases, we are looser in the end and become laughing stock at world level. We have no one to support us due to our wrong foreign policies.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.