Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Well, Linux is surely virus free in compare of windows.. So its cool.

Only windows OS is the worse in handling those viruses.

I have been using Windows since 1998. Earlier when I wasn't using anti-virus as there wasn't net connection, there were viruses, but I was successful in removing them. However, even with continued Windows usage, there is no problem for me at all.

Abhi.. Even I am using windows and not facing any problem. Actually windows is most user friendly in compare to others.

@Mohan.. You are correct. Linux is not completely virus free. It is less popular so it is surely catching less attention of hackers. In windows OS it is totally reverse case. That is normal thing.. Good and bad both things may attract towards best thing.. :laugh:
Most of virus writers use Linux to write virus for Windows, as they work in virtualized environment, and apart from this Linux is not popular, Windows and now Mac also have viruses.

Best of the Firewalls and anti virus programmes cannot stop this ever spreading epidemic known as VIRUS. As the protections are growing so are the Viruses.
With the latest versions of windows that is Windows 8 plus some other specific internet precautions such as using standard account, using updated web browser, good internet practices, and safe search can save you from BSOD.

Yes, they look safe bet for the time being.But are they permanent safe shields ? Crime travel\s faster than the law

I have been using Windows since 1998. Earlier when I wasn't using anti-virus as there wasn't net connection, there were viruses, but I was successful in removing them. However, even with continued Windows usage, there is no problem for me at all.

Abhi.. Even I am using windows and not facing any problem. Actually windows is most user friendly in compare to others.

@Mohan.. You are correct. Linux is not completely virus free. It is less popular so it is surely catching less attention of hackers. In windows OS it is totally reverse case. That is normal thing.. Good and bad both things may attract towards best thing.. :laugh:

@Anand,
That's right. Windows is pretty much friendly and so more people get attracted to it. No doubt, it will come in the eyes of the bad men more.
Any OS is successful till a hazardous virus attacks it. Tell me if there is an OS which escaped from viruses.
Any OS is successful till a hazardous virus attacks it. Tell me if there is an OS which escaped from viruses.
Nothing no OS till to date, even popular mobile OS Android has been virus attacked, still we have to use and connect to virtual world.

http://mohanmekap.com/

As the fear of death hasn't stopped people from using airplanes, or any other vehicles, similarly the fear of virus attacks won't stop them from using the certain OS as well. On the contrary, the more virus attacks means more popularity of the system.

Most of virus writers use Linux to write virus for Windows, as they work in virtualized environment, and apart from this Linux is not popular, Windows and now Mac also have viruses.

Best of the Firewalls and anti virus programmes cannot stop this ever spreading epidemic known as VIRUS. As the protections are growing so are the Viruses.
I could wish one day os would be created which will not affected by viruses. Mah be it is a distant dream.

I could wish one day os would be created which will not affected by viruses. Mah be it is a distant dream.

if a virus resistant OS is created there is nothing like it. But remember new varieties of viruses also will be surfacing up.
I was used Net Protector AV for one year. Now, I am using McAfee Antivirus from last 3 years. It's good. Always, Paid antivirus are good than free.

Be positive
I was used Net Protector AV for one year. Now, I am using McAfee Antivirus from last 3 years. It's good. Always, Paid antivirus are good than free.
Mcafee is good but it is heavy on system resources, there are good results of this AV in AV analysis.

Mcafee is good but it is heavy on system resources, there are good results of this AV in AV analysis.

Mcafee slows down the system functioning.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.