Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Risk lies everywhere not only in Politics. I would say that police job and defence job are very risky. General public just cannot think about it.

Do you know that in some countries job of defense personal, Police, Fire-fighters and teachers come into the same category - "Risky for life"

Teaching job is not at all risky.

I know all the other jobs that you have mentioned above is risky. Therefore government takes their tests both physical and mental. Very few people are selected for this job. The horrible situation that they see and face, can make anybody die due to fear. The work of air pilot is equally risky. Many of them die due to heart attack before plane crash.

A teacher is at greater risk than all other professionals I mentioned above. The students being so intolerant, hostile and violent these days that teachers find them at ever growing risk on their lives.

I agree with you. There are incidents, where teachers are held at knife pont and threatened with dire consequences, if they do not allow mass copying. This is a frequent occurrence in a country where it's believed, "Gurudevo Parabrahmah."
Risk lies everywhere not only in Politics. I would say that police job and defence job are very risky. General public just cannot think about it.

Do you know that in some countries job of defense personal, Police, Fire-fighters and teachers come into the same category - "Risky for life"

I know all the other jobs that you have mentioned above is risky. Therefore government takes their tests both physical and mental. Very few people are selected for this job. The horrible situation that they see and face, can make anybody die due to fear. The work of air pilot is equally risky. Many of them die due to heart attack before plane crash.

A teacher is at greater risk than all other professionals I mentioned above. The students being so intolerant, hostile and violent these days that teachers find them at ever growing risk on their lives.

I agree with you. There are incidents, where teachers are held at knife pont and threatened with dire consequences, if they do not allow mass copying. This is a frequent occurrence in a country where it's believed, "Gurudevo Parabrahmah."

I have heard this but never seen this ever in my life. But before exams, I have seen students were preparing special notes given by their tutors. Questions come from there and no other chapters from the books.

I have heard this but never seen this ever in my life. But before exams, I have seen students were preparing special notes given by their tutors. Questions come from there and no other chapters from the books.

On teachers day this year a class 10 student of a prominent government school in Delhi, not only manhandled his teacher, but threatened to kill her. He's at large till now.
It is a safe game to avoid risks in life. But is it really possible to be totally risk averse in life?? You might actually be exposing yourself to more risks if such an attitude is there. Give your views, please!

personally I have and am taking too many risks in life but have no regrets.You cannot win all the time but at least you have tried ! With all that I still feel that it is better to take calculated risks to reduce your chances of failure ..at least analyse and make a study before plunging !

I also subscribe to this belief, avoidance may not be a good answer. Of course, we must do our own study, examining all the parameters - risk-benefit analysis, risks profile.

Surprisingly most people never would want to take any risks in life at all, not even ones which seem lekely to win ! It tells us that human beings love to be within their comfort zone.Personally, I have taken too many risks sometimes going against the wishes of my family but in the end it is all about doing what you feel is worth doing and not having done at all would probably have been even more distressing ! Of course you are at the receiving end when you lose but when you win , it is great to know that you were afterall right in your assessment, it boosts your self confidence !

Irrespective of gains or losses, taking risks puts us on a learning curve - helps us acquiring valuable insights into life!!

Very much so ! For some a risk taken and lost may mean that they will never ever take any more risks but for some others it may mean, analysing where things went wrong and try again...I feel there is a very positive quality in taking risks

Here I would bring up the element of 'gamble' into our discussion which should not be confused with risks. A person who takes risks should be alive to the management part of it. There must be a set of alternatives in its management. A gamble is a reckless venture.

I agree that gamble is far more dangerous than taking a calculated risk. But it attarcts people like magnate and many plunge in without a forethought and get wiped out ..." Life is a gamble, at terrible odds - if it was a bet you wouldn't take it."

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think a time comes in everyone's life when they have to face a choice that may involve risk. Perhaps you would want to change your career, move to a different place, even quit your job to start a business, or maybe begin a line of entirely different profession. Or if the risk is in relationship, you would want to take certain steps which may prove succesful or otherwise. As for creatively part in your life , you may face with choices of doing what you know or believe is way to success but may not be good in the end but you never cease to do them. These all are risk of life but we have to take them.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think a time comes in everyone's life when they have to face a choice that may involve risk. Perhaps you would want to change your career, move to a different place, even quit your job to start a business, or maybe begin a line of entirely different profession. Or if the risk is in relationship, you would want to take certain steps which may prove succesful or otherwise. As for creatively part in your life , you may face with choices of doing what you know or believe is way to success but may not be good in the end but you never cease to do them. These all are risk of life but we have to take them.

When you are taking a risk, it is understood the risk invloves 'Uncertainty". That is moving from known to unknown. If a person knows the end result of his activity. then it's not a 'Risk'. So, it needs courage, conviction and the ability to bear the consequences to take a risk. Those who stood to this landed on the peaks. And those who did not are fumbling at the first rung of the Ladder
The best place to take risk is in business and stocks. The risk of money can give you more money or nothing.
The best place to take risk is in business and stocks. The risk of money can give you more money or nothing.

Same thing applies to life and relationships, you have to take risk of investing yourself properly only then can you gain happiness and memories worth cherishing!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Same thing applies to life and relationships, you have to take risk of investing yourself properly only then can you gain happiness and memories worth cherishing!

Then who said that the only certain thing about life is its uncertainty!!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Then who said that the only certain thing about life is its uncertainty!!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

It is already implied when we talk about taking risks! Even if you are left unreciprocated, the fact that you still have invested yourself leaves you with a heart that has experienced something - bitter or sweet, does not matter, but it is not left devoid of any experience! i hope you are getting what I mean to say! :blink: :dry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.