Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I always though that taking a calculated risk opens us up to newer challenges and opportunities in life. When we push ourself to learn a new skill, whatever is that like I spoke for the first time in a seminar as an asst manager. In fact I took a risk, I could have falen down because my legs were soooo shaky.
Taking risks certainly give us reasons to establish new limits for ourselves, we can set our mind for something new. Yes it certainly offers us chance to do something new. When you take risks and start some thing new there is no guarantee of a result but if you come out a winner your happiness is unimaginable. I don't mind taking risks. Sometimes risks boomerang on me but ....do i really care?

That's absolutely correct! It is our obsession with uncertainties over results that prevents us from breaking new grounds. Society also reacts very negatively to failed attempts!!
Thank you said by: Biswajit Kumar Nath
It is a safe game to avoid risks in life. But is it really possible to be totally risk averse in life?? You might actually be exposing yourself to more risks if such an attitude is there. Give your views, please!

personally I have and am taking too many risks in life but have no regrets.You cannot win all the time but at least you have tried ! With all that I still feel that it is better to take calculated risks to reduce your chances of failure ..at least analyse and make a study before plunging !

I also subscribe to this belief, avoidance may not be a good answer. Of course, we must do our own study, examining all the parameters - risk-benefit analysis, risks profile.

Surprisingly most people never would want to take any risks in life at all, not even ones which seem lekely to win ! It tells us that human beings love to be within their comfort zone.Personally, I have taken too many risks sometimes going against the wishes of my family but in the end it is all about doing what you feel is worth doing and not having done at all would probably have been even more distressing ! Of course you are at the receiving end when you lose but when you win , it is great to know that you were afterall right in your assessment, it boosts your self confidence !

Irrespective of gains or losses, taking risks puts us on a learning curve - helps us acquiring valuable insights into life!!

Very much so ! For some a risk taken and lost may mean that they will never ever take any more risks but for some others it may mean, analysing where things went wrong and try again...I feel there is a very positive quality in taking risks

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

No risk no gain. Yes we may be failure sometime but failure is the path to get success.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
It is a safe game to avoid risks in life. But is it really possible to be totally risk averse in life?? You might actually be exposing yourself to more risks if such an attitude is there. Give your views, please!

personally I have and am taking too many risks in life but have no regrets.You cannot win all the time but at least you have tried ! With all that I still feel that it is better to take calculated risks to reduce your chances of failure ..at least analyse and make a study before plunging !

I also subscribe to this belief, avoidance may not be a good answer. Of course, we must do our own study, examining all the parameters - risk-benefit analysis, risks profile.

Surprisingly most people never would want to take any risks in life at all, not even ones which seem lekely to win ! It tells us that human beings love to be within their comfort zone.Personally, I have taken too many risks sometimes going against the wishes of my family but in the end it is all about doing what you feel is worth doing and not having done at all would probably have been even more distressing ! Of course you are at the receiving end when you lose but when you win , it is great to know that you were afterall right in your assessment, it boosts your self confidence !

Irrespective of gains or losses, taking risks puts us on a learning curve - helps us acquiring valuable insights into life!!

Very much so ! For some a risk taken and lost may mean that they will never ever take any more risks but for some others it may mean, analysing where things went wrong and try again...I feel there is a very positive quality in taking risks

Here I would bring up the element of 'gamble' into our discussion which should not be confused with risks. A person who takes risks should be alive to the management part of it. There must be a set of alternatives in its management. A gamble is a reckless venture.
I always though that taking a calculated risk opens us up to newer challenges and opportunities in life. When we push ourself to learn a new skill, whatever is that like I spoke for the first time in a seminar as an asst manager. In fact I took a risk, I could have falen down because my legs were soooo shaky.
Taking risks certainly give us reasons to establish new limits for ourselves, we can set our mind for something new. Yes it certainly offers us chance to do something new. When you take risks and start some thing new there is no guarantee of a result but if you come out a winner your happiness is unimaginable. I don't mind taking risks. Sometimes risks boomerang on me but ....do i really care?

That's absolutely correct! It is our obsession with uncertainties over results that prevents us from breaking new grounds. Society also reacts very negatively to failed attempts!!

Society reacts anyways, when you fail- when you come out a winner. They find it hard to digest.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

Here I would bring up the element of 'gamble' into our discussion which should not be confused with risks. A person who takes risks should be alive to the management part of it. There must be a set of alternatives in its management. A gamble is a reckless venture.

A person who takes risk must be aware of the possible pitfalls and hurdles he may come across and an alternative plan to deal with them well before he ventures in to a risk.

Society reacts anyways, when you fail- when you come out a winner. They find it hard to digest.

Very true, Sunil!! the cruel negative reactions have led to death of many great efforts which sans these could have benefited humanity!!
Thank you said by: suni51

A person who takes risk must be aware of the possible pitfalls and hurdles he may come across and an alternative plan to deal with them well before he ventures in to a risk.

It may not be possible all the time especially when you are pressed for time and you have to make a decision where you are not sure of the outcome! I remember one such incident which landed me in a soup once but also made me realise that it is better at times to give up altogether rather than land flat on your face...However it has not deterred me from going ahead and taking other risks in life ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I don't think one can grow without taking risks. I too take risks in life I know without it I can't grow. Yes people don't take much of risks but they somewhere remain behind with the people in life. :blink:
I don't think one can grow without taking risks. I too take risks in life I know without it I can't grow. Yes people don't take much of risks but they somewhere remain behind with the people in life. :blink:

It's due to fear of failure and lack of self confidence. Failure is generally considered as a disgrace. A blotch on the face. It's those who take win and defeat alike with equanimity, can take the risks. Most of the successful people willingly take risks in order to step in to new avenues hitherto in explored.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.