Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think there are two answers for him
1- He was lucky for not having to bowl at Sachin
2- He was also lucky not to bowl when batsmen like Sobers and likes were batting.

If my memory serves me right he did bowl at Sachin and was impressed with that 'Wonder Boy'!!

True. In his debut match itself Sachin not only faced the fury of Imran who was in top form then, but also showed his extraordinary guts as a debutant and dealt effectively like a seasoned batsman.

But he faced bouncers and reverse swings from Waqar in his debut match. :)
2- He was also lucky not to bowl when batsmen like Sobers and likes were batting.

If my memory serves me right he did bowl at Sachin and was impressed with that 'Wonder Boy'!!

True. In his debut match itself Sachin not only faced the fury of Imran who was in top form then, but also showed his extraordinary guts as a debutant and dealt effectively like a seasoned batsman.

Pakistan tried every trick to intimidate 16year old debutant Sachin. And waqar you is was at his prime.

Pakistan tried every trick to intimidate 16year old debutant Sachin. And waqar you is was at his prime.

Yes he was the best of the pacers I have seen. Also he faced Macgrath, Bret Lee, Alan Donald very nicely. There is no question that how he would have faced W.I pace attack. :blink:

Yes he was the best of the pacers I have seen. Also he faced Macgrath, Bret Lee, Alan Donald very nicely. There is no question that how he would have faced W.I pace attack. :blink:

You can add Sir Richard Hadlee of Newzealand To the list.
One of my greatest cricketers Imran Khan has come out with an unvarnished truth. I rate the pace attack of the West Indie in the late 70s and 80s to be the deadliest and one player who met it without helmet is our Gavaskar whom Imran adores!! What do you say?

Imran Khan no doubt is a great cricketer but is always stingy while complementing Indian players or anything to do with India which is not a positive quality in him....Now he is doing just that however truthful that may be ! He is a politician now and he also is aware of the seperatists call for not praising Sachin since he belongs to enemy nation India...

@Usha

Imran does have a weakness for Sunil Gavaskar and it is more than one occasion that he heaped praises on him!! So he is not stingy at least when it comes to Gavaskar!!
Thank you said by: usha manohar
One of my greatest cricketers Imran Khan has come out with an unvarnished truth. I rate the pace attack of the West Indie in the late 70s and 80s to be the deadliest and one player who met it without helmet is our Gavaskar whom Imran adores!! What do you say?

Imran Khan no doubt is a great cricketer but is always stingy while complementing Indian players or anything to do with India which is not a positive quality in him....Now he is doing just that however truthful that may be ! He is a politician now and he also is aware of the seperatists call for not praising Sachin since he belongs to enemy nation India...

@Usha

Imran does have a weakness for Sunil Gavaskar and it is more than one occasion that he heaped praises on him!! So he is not stingy at least when it comes to Gavaskar!!

Imran is known for his sportsman spirit. Its not that he never heaped praises on sachin. Its about Gavaskar's courage to face the fiery pace attack of west indian bowlers without wearing helmet.
Gavaskar was among one of the best Indian Cricket Players. He is a legend. Sachin has made many records which is not yet recorded for any of the Indian Cricketers. It is true that Spine-Chilling Pace of West Indies may be a bad experience for every player. Moreover we have not seen Sachin in such matches.
Gavaskar was among one of the best Indian Cricket Players. He is a legend. Sachin has made many records which is not yet recorded for any of the Indian Cricketers. It is true that Spine-Chilling Pace of West Indies may be a bad experience for every player. Moreover we have not seen Sachin in such matches.

The reason is many spine chilling pacers of WI's career was over by the time Sachin started cricket. But Sachin faced equally good pacers like Bret Lee, Mc Grath etc comfortably.

The reason is many spine chilling pacers of WI's career was over by the time Sachin started cricket. But Sachin faced equally good pacers like Bret Lee, Mc Grath etc comfortably.

Sachin is such a good player who is comfortable with all the ballers' balling. He can bat and score well in all types of balling. He is after all "Master Blaster".

Sachin is such a good player who is comfortable with all the ballers' balling. He can bat and score well in all types of balling. He is after all "Master Blaster".

Even I also feel so he was technically so sound I don't know why his name is taken after Sir Don Bradman I think he was better than Sir Bradman. :blink:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.