Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gavaskar was among one of the best Indian Cricket Players. He is a legend. Sachin has made many records which is not yet recorded for any of the Indian Cricketers. It is true that Spine-Chilling Pace of West Indies may be a bad experience for every player. Moreover we have not seen Sachin in such matches.

The reason is many spine chilling pacers of WI's career was over by the time Sachin started cricket. But Sachin faced equally good pacers like Bret Lee, Mc Grath etc comfortably.

The fact of the matter is that it was not Imran's intentions to belittle the great maestro Sachin!! He just described him lucky and not questioned his ability to encounter raw pace!! I remember a century that our little master scored at Perth and that was done on one of the fastest and bounciest pitches in the world. It is not my contention to expose any weakness of the master against pace. You can as well argue that it is no fault of Sachin that those fearsome fast bowlers were not there during his play-days!!!
Gavaskar was among one of the best Indian Cricket Players. He is a legend. Sachin has made many records which is not yet recorded for any of the Indian Cricketers. It is true that Spine-Chilling Pace of West Indies may be a bad experience for every player. Moreover we have not seen Sachin in such matches.

The reason is many spine chilling pacers of WI's career was over by the time Sachin started cricket. But Sachin faced equally good pacers like Bret Lee, Mc Grath etc comfortably.

The fact of the matter is that it was not Imran's intentions to belittle the great maestro Sachin!! He just described him lucky and not questioned his ability to encounter raw pace!! I remember a century that our little master scored at Perth and that was done on one of the fastest and bounciest pitches in the world. It is not my contention to expose any weakness of the master against pace. You can as well argue that it is no fault of Sachin that those fearsome fast bowlers were not there during his play-days!!!

If Sachin would have been at that time, he could have played well. He could have scored but not as good as it is now. Sachin is a master.

If Sachin would have been at that time, he could have played well. He could have scored but not as good as it is now. Sachin is a master.

I agree. Sachin did not face the fiery pace of WI masters like Weeks, Worrell and Walcott because he hasn't made an entry in to cricket at that time.. But he has faced equally good pacers like Waquar Yunis and Sir Richard Hadlee.Very recently Waqar Yunis has been given a place in the 'Hall of fame' of cricket.
Even today also Indian Cricket Board is thinking to bring back Sachin Tendulkar. Isn't it honourable to a cricketer?
I would say Imran was lucky not to have faced thunderbolt Sachin otherwise his career would have ended prematurely, all these shouts by western neighbor does not have any such meaning for us and we should ignore them.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I would say Imran was lucky not to have faced thunderbolt Sachin otherwise his career would have ended prematurely, all these shouts by western neighbor does not have any such meaning for us and we should ignore them.

Sachin was never known to have bowled thunderbolts. Imran's point of view is different. He never meant belittling the little master. In fact, i read several quotes from Imran praising his Batting prowess.

Sachin was never known to have bowled thunderbolts. Imran's point of view is different. He never meant belittling the little master. In fact, i read several quotes from Imran praising his Batting prowess.

Look, it is possible to interpret his statement in all manners but we have to accept the fact that under new rules the game itself has been turned into a batsman's game with field restrictions and number of bouncers that fast bowler can bowl!!!

I talk abt thunderous sachin batting against Imran bowling, and then he would have carried his delivery out of park, I never talked abt, sachin bowling, he has medium past bowling and leg and up spin. But lucky for Imran that he retired when Sachin came to scene, or abt to retire. I am never been fan of any cricketer from western neighbor of India.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I talk abt thunderous sachin batting against Imran bowling, and then he would have carried his delivery out of park, I never talked abt, sachin bowling, he has medium past bowling and leg and up spin. But lucky for Imran that he retired when Sachin came to scene, or abt to retire. I am never been fan of any cricketer from western neighbor of India.

Imran bowled to Sachin in his early matches and he was quite pleased with the performance of young debutant.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.