{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10905]}

Death Lays Its Freezing Hands on Many
Freeing the Body From Its Mortal Journey,
Poor Death! Couldn't Hope to Win Always
Against Men And Women Having Great Ways
To Survive Gloriously For Ever And Ever!!
They Do Slay Time, Space And All That Matter
To be Shining Pole Stars Guiding Us For Ever,
When the Boat of Earth Roils in Violent Seas
Laden with Injustice,Inequality And Other Sins,
Madiba Comes and Steadies It With Their Arms,
Probing Our Minds - Conscience With the Lance
Of Sanity,Grit and Courage With A Mind Luminous,
Here Was He Who Saw Things in Black and White
Practiced More Than What He Preached To Be Right!
Curing Many A Fool Suffering Fatal Color Blindness,
Could He Be Ever Kept in His Grave?As A Mortal Trace!!
Our Hearts are Where He Would Abide For Eons and Ages
Liberating Millions and Billions of Human Bondages!!!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Nice poem !
Can you explain this to me? I want to know the incident which you have expressed in poetic manner.
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
Nice poem !
Can you explain this to me? I want to know the incident which you have expressed in poetic manner.

@Devyani
Poets find it difficult to explain their work as it comes instantaneously and spontaneously but here I tried to record my feelings about Mandela's contribution towards removal of racism, violence, inequality and injustice faced in different parts of the world. He was a leader of leaders in this respect!!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
A great tribute from Chinmoy to a great leader and human being ! I personally feel that Nelson Mandela was incomparable to any other leader of his times ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very brilliant and touching poem Chinmoy!! You have truly expressed the essence of Mandiba and his work. What I find the most remarkable attribute in him is that in spite of his fight against the white supremacy, he never tried to invoke feelings of hatred against the white people. He always maintained that all races white, black, brown or any other colour are as equal as anyone else and they should work together. Something that is not seen in revolutionaries in India who fought against caste injustice. They raised their voices against superior castes only by feelings of extreme hatred against upper caste people!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Very brilliant and touching poem Chinmoy!! You have truly expressed the essence of Mandiba and his work. What I find the most remarkable attribute in him is that in spite of his fight against the white supremacy, he never tried to invoke feelings of hatred against the white people. He always maintained that all races white, black, brown or any other colour are as equal as anyone else and they should work together. Something that is not seen in revolutionaries in India who fought against caste injustice. They raised their voices against superior castes only by feelings of extreme hatred against upper caste people!

The kind of kind words that my poems draw I have decided to write poems only!! No dull prose from now on!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The kind of kind words that my poems draw I have decided to write poems only!! No dull prose from now on!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

That may pose a bit of a problem for some find it difficult to derive the exact meaning from your poems! :woohoo: :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That may pose a bit of a problem for some find it difficult to derive the exact meaning from your poems! :woohoo: :woohoo:

There lies the professional hazards as well as advantages of poets!! People attribute some thing which they never mean and credit them with something they never deserve!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Nice poem !

@Devyani
Poets find it difficult to explain their work as it comes instantaneously and spontaneously but here I tried to record my feelings about Mandela's contribution towards removal of racism, violence, inequality and injustice faced in different parts of the world. He was a leader of leaders in this respect!!

Well explained. It will be better if you write atleast one line to explain the poems. I was thinking about Mandela's tour to some island. This may be confusing.
I like your poem as usual. Keep writing.
He taught the people how to re script a Nation's destiny sitting in the dreary condition of a cell for 27 long years. Never his spirit was dampened even for a moment.
He taught the people how to re script a Nation's destiny sitting in the dreary condition of a cell for 27 long years. Never his spirit was dampened even for a moment.

Do we have anybody like Nelson Mandela in India at present?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.