Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
World Economic Forum (WEF) has recently released the report of Gender Parity Index(GPI) in which india ranks at No. 101st out of 136 countries. This report clearly justifies that we need to fight a very long battle to make our man and Women equal.

Besides reports like GP as given by you,the gender parity is quite conspicuous in every sphere of our day to day to life. Women should come forward to break the shackles outdated traditions and step towards emancipation. They should free themselves from the self imposed limitations. No amount of reforms or support from outside will work, unless they themselves take charge of the situation.
World Economic Forum (WEF) has recently released the report of Gender Parity Index(GPI) in which india ranks at No. 101st out of 136 countries. This report clearly justifies that we need to fight a very long battle to make our man and Women equal.

India comes at the end in every list possible ! We are first among the last ones ! As far as gender discrimination is considered , probably only the islamic countries would be behind us, otherwise every other country has marched forward long back ....Even today I can see the way men on the street look at women and pass comments and giggle etc , absolutely no dignity or respect! It may take a century before things improve ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

India comes at the end in every list possible ! We are first among the last ones ! As far as gender discrimination is considered , probably only the islamic countries would be behind us, otherwise every other country has marched forward long back ....Even today I can see the way men on the street look at women and pass comments and giggle etc , absolutely no dignity or respect! It may take a century before things improve ..

Even educated men behave in such a manner on streets! If anyone needs proof of exactly how men in India, one needs to simply travel by a local train in Mumbai in the compartment right next to the ladies compartment and you will see the real men of India! They stare in a shameful manner at all the women, pass extremely lewd comments, make obscene gestures very very openly. elsewhere, they do it only when an opportunity comes their way mostly! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Yes, you may be correct that it will take centuries, but we need to keep trying to change the mentality of Men. Parents of upcoming children will play a important role in changing this.

Want to make each day Accountable

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Even educated men behave in such a manner on streets! If anyone needs proof of exactly how men in India, one needs to simply travel by a local train in Mumbai in the compartment right next to the ladies compartment and you will see the real men of India! They stare in a shameful manner at all the women, pass extremely lewd comments, make obscene gestures very very openly. elsewhere, they do it only when an opportunity comes their way mostly! :blink:

Absolutely Correct mam. I too have seen such incidences and yes, educated men are more involved in doing such things. I really think that Women can only improve men by becoming strong and giving strong reply( not commenting them... but facing men) to men.

Oh Ronark. After a long period I am very happy to see u again. How are you?
Yes you are true. WE have to take this responsibilities.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Absolutely Correct mam. I too have seen such incidences and yes, educated men are more involved in doing such things. I really think that Women can only improve men by becoming strong and giving strong reply( not commenting them... but facing men) to men.

True, but since women usually do not get support from others when she is brave enough to face such men, and also the fact is that the women herself gets labelled as being promiscuous in most cases. But thankfully, times are now changing!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True, but since women usually do not get support from others when she is brave enough to face such men, and also the fact is that the women herself gets labelled as being promiscuous in most cases. But thankfully, times are now changing!

No doubt times are changing but even then any girl who shows some independent spirit is dubbed as being fast and a terror...In my school there are a couple of girls who are very outspoken and I really like their attitude but most of the staff hate them and it is not as if they are disrespectful or anything like that , there is a pre conceived notion as to how a girl should behave ! ... :unsure:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Oh Ronark. After a long period I am very happy to see u again. How are you?
Yes you are true. WE have to take this responsibilities.

I am good. I am preparing for MBA. So, i get very less time to work.

No doubt times are changing but even then any girl who shows some independent spirit is dubbed as being fast and a terror...In my school there are a couple of girls who are very outspoken and I really like their attitude but most of the staff hate them and it is not as if they are disrespectful or anything like that , there is a pre conceived notion as to how a girl should behave ! ... :unsure:

While on one's way to achieve a thing, one has to be prepared for all the pitfalls. Brushing them away and walk with steadfastness ahead is the only way. Women who strive for equality should turn their deaf ears towards the pre- conceived notions of men about women. Courage is the need of the hour.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.