Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don't mind if my adult children drink soberly. As long as they don't up in a drain, there is nothing wrong. What I mean to say is that one must know his limits and rules of the society. I am a non drinker for the time being, for more than a decade though.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think you have handled it right ! when an individual learns to handle himself / herself and knows how far to go, it doesnt really matter whether they drink with their parents or elsewhere.Responsibility is what is far more important..it is the same with my children, they do have an occassional drink but not behind our back..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have noted that children tend to emulate their parents. Children of alcoholic parents unfortunately tend to become alcoholics too. I have seen this in many cases. So yes, drinking in front of your children is not a good idea.

Parents are the first role models of children. That's why they should set an example in doing good things so that the children will emulate them.

Yes, children learn the basic manner from their parent. Parent must prove himself as role model for their children. THEY cannot blame their children if they does not become right in front of their children.
Many people drink and smoke in front of their children. It is part of their culture. Hence there are many families who hates such practises and teach their children to keep themselves away from such things. Thus if parents would start drinking then such good teachings will be of no use.
deleted

Your post deleted for being a copy paste. Pl refrain.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Many people drink and smoke in front of their children. It is part of their culture. Hence there are many families who hates such practises and teach their children to keep themselves away from such things. Thus if parents would start drinking then such good teachings will be of no use.

Drinking and smoking is not a part of our culture. People start adopting western culture. Even many rich people keep alcohol at their house. It is create bad affect on their children.

Drinking and smoking is not a part of our culture. People start adopting western culture. Even many rich people keep alcohol at their house. It is create bad affect on their children.

Aping the western culture the parents are committing a big mistake that leads to disastrous results.

Somras and local toddy is very much a part of our culture and so also smoking which was done even in the days of Mahabharat and Ramayan...So lets stop pretending that we are being misled by the west and be more open about such things . It has become the done thing now to blame the west for everythingh without properly analysing !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I feel that home is good place to drink but not in front of children. This avoids many unknown dangers (especially the swallowing of a man by a python).
I feel that home is good place to drink but not in front of children. This avoids many unknown dangers (especially the swallowing of a man by a python).

Ahaha. True. One should remember about much bigger dangers than pythons and serpents are in waiting for those parents who indulge in not only drinking, but any negative act, even quarreling in the presence of children.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.